• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright ALX-800 with 92mm Tornado fan or Thermaltake A1745 Volcano 12?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultimasailing

Registered
hello, my current stock heat sink and fan is Thermaltake Cu6+ on an amd xp 2600 266 fsb. The case is antec case with 2 exhaust and 2 intakes. I am running stock speed right now, so ambience tempt is 31 C and cpu tempt is 45. I want to lower my tempts and maybe later overclocking a bit. My question is Thermalright ALX-800 with 92mm Tornado fan or Thermaltake A1745 Volcano 12 would be better? the reason i choose these 2 b/c they are quite affordable. i understand that it is quite relative, but i would like to hear some of the opinions. My board is asus a7v8x deluxe, corsair 512 one stick 3200 with heat spreader, and cyberlink 420w. Thanks for reading.

Either one is good. I installed the V12 with AS5 and took 15*C off of my CPU temp.

If you have the 4 mounting holes in your mobo try to get the SP-97 HS from Thermalright. www.thermalright.com .This is the best air cooling on the market today.It has heat pipe technology.Try not to cut your cooling or PSU short of the best,as your rigs health and stability depend on the best.Spend your money once on a quality HS from thermalright. www.heatsinkfactory.com has them in stock. www.jab-tech.com may have them also.Keep your flow up & temps down, THE FANMAN:cool:

hs_011_big.jpg

I have the tornado on it the 92mm. Really nice and real easy to install.

Quality comes at a price. "We would rather explain the price of quality than have to apologize for something less" This is a good way to buy. THE FANMAN:cool:

ultimasailing said:
the sp 97 or the swiftech are very nice indeed, but they cost so much.
meh you dont need the absolute greatest HS availible, the SLK series is great, look into the 947U and 900A.

Or look into some swiftech HSs.

Back