• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power - Review and Comparison with NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ehume does some nice clean fan mounting with zip-ties.
http://www.overclock.net/t/753254/ziptie-screw/0_20

that's actually how i have my case fans mounted. i never considered trying it on a heatsink. i was never sure how the zip ties would hold uo to heat over the years. now i know. oh well :bday: the clips should be ok with the double layer of pads i used to make the fan taller but i'm going to look for some tiny beads with a hole through them to slide over the clips to the little elbow that rests in the fan mounting hole. should give it some extra grip.

thermalright responded to my email about the clips. apparently the old style clips worked with both 120mm and 140mm fans but also ran into the first memory slot. they're going to send me some and would probably do the same if others asked for them. that is all.

Explain please? I ask because I can probably get them fixed. When TY-140 series fans came out I pointed out that their measurements were incorrect and they corrected it. Have caught others sense then. Let me know what is misleading and I will send it to my contact there for fixing website errors. ;)

Here are the two fan clips
Thermalrightfanclips_zps593aaab3.jpg

Neither will work on all 120mm fans or 140mm fans w/ 120mm mounts. For example some be quiet! fans have mounts in middle of 25mm thickness.

The website people often don't know anything about the products .. or very little. When the Silver Arrow IB-E was first posted on website the had the image of back of cooler instead of front .. so the cooler was offset the wrong way; 87mm on left side toward PCIe sockets and 68mm on right. :D

Last edited:
the hooks that go into the holes are too close together. there's no way they can reach 140mm holes. they said themselves that it takes different clips for 140mm but that they block the first ram slot.

Back