• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright Venomous X RT compatability??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kishan

Registered
Hi,

Im going to be ordering the final parts for my dream build today. im looking to OC my i7 2600K to 4.5Ghz 24/7 use and am having trouble finding an adequate cooler for around £40-50 that comes inclusive with fans and will not cover any of my RAM slots.... as you can tell the venomous X RT will probably fulfill all of these criteria although i am not sure if i can install it on my MSI P67a-GD53 motherboard without having any problems with the ram.... My current ram is Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 so will these fit with the heatsink?

Thanks, Kishan

VenX is overkill for Sandy Bridge. You could go with a smaller cooler, such as the Thermaltake Frio, and not have to worry about RAM. First slot should be blocked for something that isn't low profile, but you should have it in slots 2 and 4.

VenX is overkill for Sandy Bridge. You could go with a smaller cooler, such as the Thermaltake Frio, and not have to worry about RAM. First slot should be blocked for something that isn't low profile, but you should have it in slots 2 and 4.

The Problem is that the Thermaltake Frio you have suggested will still block my ram... I have quite large heatsinks on there.... Anyother suggestions bearing in mind i want to OC to 4.5Ghz?

Can you find either a Thermalright MUX120 or Cogage True Spirit around your area? Those will easily let you clock to your heart's content and aren't too expensive, at least here in the US. If you go with the True Spirit, be aware it only comes with a LGA1366 mount and you will need to buy a Thermalright LGA1155 Rev. B mount for it. It's basically the same exact heatsink as the MUX120 but not nickel plated on the heatpipes.

Can you find either a Thermalright MUX120 or Cogage True Spirit around your area? Those will easily let you clock to your heart's content and aren't too expensive, at least here in the US. If you go with the True Spirit, be aware it only comes with a LGA1366 mount and you will need to buy a Thermalright LGA1155 Rev. B mount for it. It's basically the same exact heatsink as the MUX120 but not nickel plated on the heatpipes.

Thanks for the advice man... I ended up settling with a Zalman 9900 Max as it will not cover my RAM slots and provides good cooling :)

Back