• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake kandalf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Scratch that. Sitting here looking at it. Too much work for a total disassembly. I'll just tape off and do the inside. I'm starting to think the rought apperence was intentional. Oh well. I'm sure it will turn out better than the bare steel interior it has now.

Well I got into it. Ugh. F'n gross. This guy had cats. I smell it. I ended up taking the whole rad out to rinse it off. Caked solid. The loop? He had used something either with green dye or it was a lot of algee. Chunks of crap floating around. I was going to try to use my MCR 320 but I would need to get new fittings for it and I wanted to get it going asap. So I used the TT rad which is only 1/4. Even with that I ran an of of 4.5 @ 1.4v and didn't top 50. I was pushing 65 with the CMV8 with no oc. Fabricated my own clamp out of an old backplate. Just cut the center out to fit the hoses and painted it black. Used some threaded rod and left it long enough that I fit two old AMD heatsink fans to each rod blowing over the vrm and north bridge. I'm impressed so far. Going to do some more extensive testing. Few hours on bf4 should do

Careful as today's rads use copper cores or brass (MCR) because if I recall correctly, the thermaltake rads from the Bigwater kits were always aluminum. Clash of the Titans! I hope you're using some type of corrosive and biocide in that loop.

Nonetheless, its good you cleaned the loop out as those chunks can block the waterblock micro channels which then impedes performance.

Its one of those tube type rads. Back n forth tubes like an ac condenser. Tube us copper fins are aluminum. Thanks for the advice tho. I'll be running straight distilled with a kill coil.

Back