• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

these temps to hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazy Mo Fo 919

Registered
my presshott 3ghz was running 200F in my sony vaio with the retail hsf, then i took a different hsf from my custom rig (aluminum with a 4500rpm fan) and the temps have dropped but are still 63C after running a game on it and around 60C idle. should these temps be somthing to worry about? also my mobo is 40C and chassis is 40C are they to hot?

i'd say thats hot...
DO NOT OVERCLOCK that CPU...
what kind of heatsink, and what kind of thermal paste you using???

its not oc'd and i was using the retail hsf that came with it. but i checked the temps and it was 200f so i changed to an Ultra hsf aluminum 4500 rpm and cooled to 60C idle. im using the thermal compound that came with the hsf

You have to bear in mind that OEM's configure systems for a very different purpose than us. While we make em to pushed as hard as possible, they do the opposite. It's quite sad actually; my neighbor has a Gateway that can't even remain stable between the months of June and September. On the other hand, if you're running at stock, 70's should suffice. But most on these forums would probably be shocked to see the sorts of temps your average Joe system out of Best Buy runs at.

Crazy Mo Fo 919 said:
i talked to sony they said that the motherboard temp monitor was not reading the temps right
LOL
try to measure temps with some other software
like motherboard monitor
link

Or touch the heatsink, if its HOT you'll know

Or a temperature probe (if you got the hardware for it)

mbm will just read the temps off the bios... so it will be the same.

Touch the hsf, or better use a temp monitor, as deathman20 said.

~t0m

Back