• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This Weekend's BH-5 Pricelist

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Remember, Winbond BH-5 chips have been out of production since Late June/Early July. So it's entirely possible the shipments of Buffalo PC3700, which to my knowledge was only assembled with Winbond BH-5 chips, may cease at any time. This goes true with Kingston and, to a lesser extent, Mushkin. I say lesser extent only b/c I would expect some sort of a warning by Mushkin prior to an end of their Black Level 2 line, while I expect no such warning from either Buffalo or Kingston.

wait so does that mean that all buffalo pc3700 512mb sticks WILL have BH-5, or that there's a possibility that it wont have it?

would buffalo pc3700 512mb have anything but BH-5 in it? (the utltimate ??)

Well newegg is really good about telling you what chips are on the memory they are selling...Hope they get some more...:)

Last edited:
Hmmm sorry to pop in but it seems i have some
Winbond W942508BH-5.... does that count?
Can someone help me with the timings of those chips please?
Ritalin

What you have sounds like Generic-built PCB with Winbond BH-5 chips. (unless you know of the brand memory)

Unless the PCB is a total failure, then your FSB/timings should compare favorably with Buffalo PC3700 BH-5 memory.

As updated, Newegg has listed an ETA on their Buffalo PC3700 512MB at 10/31/03. Although there has been not a single case heard of with Buffalo PC3700 shipping without BH-5 chips, when you have a long period between restocks you have to be cautious.

They still have the 256mb sticks of pc3700 in stock. I'm wondering if I should jump on this before it goes to or spend the extra on mushkin.

ok I ordered the 2x256 buffolo 3700 will post with resaults and if bh-5 still...*CROSSES FINGERS*

*EDIT*
ALSO I JUST SAW THIS THREAD.....AWSOME THANKS SOOO MUCH!:D

How can you check to see if your memory is indeed BH-5 once you have it in your hand? You can take off the heatspreaders and examine the writing on the memory chips but that voids your warranty. I don't want to do that. Is there any other way? Perhaps through software?

You guys think I should have purchased 2x256 of kingston hyperX 3000 instead of buffalo 3700? since the price diff is like $6?

If it's covered by a heatspeader, the only way to test it once you have possession of it is by running it and see what it gets you. See how far it goes with 2-2-2 timings, and record what voltages you use.

first thing I will try is 220x10 at 5222.....if thats good then they are keapers :D

Kingston HyperX (2-2-2)-series:
2x256MB PC3000 - $121 - www.zipzoomfly.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
============OR=====================
Buffalo PC3700:
2x256MB - $116 - www.newegg.com
----------------------------OR-----------------------------------
Kingston HyperX (2-2-2)-series:

2x256MB PC3200 - $133 - www.zipzoomfly.com

WHICH do you think will perform better?

Back