• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thoughts on new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sure it is. Haven't looked at prices recently but the technology is still relevant.

would it be necessary for any extra cooling for the vrm on this new setup??? at the moment i have a fan zip tied to the back case fan blowing right on the vrm. also would it create any extra stress or heat if i was to put 32GB (4 8gb) or is it even worth it?

More than 16gb of RAM will not give any performance improvement in gaming or general computing. It would help in "creative" tasks like video editing. 32gb of RAM would make the memory controller work harder and run faster and may pose problems with being able to run the RAM at full rated speed unless you choose the RAM very carefully.

No point in cooling the VRM with a fan unless you find it gets too hot when computing. The only time there is really a need to add cooling to the VRM might be if you are overclocking.

Before you put the board in, make sure you don't have any extra or any misplaced standoffs on the motherboard tray.

got everything all together and working. ill post some pics later in a new thread. can you help me as to why im getting this though? should i be worried? both fans are on..... weird.png

Is the fan connected to a header that can measure fan speed? Looks like that third wire isn't connected properly?

Is the fan connected to a header that can measure fan speed? Looks like that third wire isn't connected properly?

I'm using the commander pro to control everything. I did notice every now and then the fan speed will show what rpm its spinning at, then just drop to 0. Visually the speeds on both look the same.

I'm using the commander pro to control everything. I did notice every now and then the fan speed will show what rpm its spinning at, then just drop to 0. Visually the speeds on both look the same.

Sounds like a loose connection or dodgy cable somewhere, I think.

im not quite sure what was going on before but it seems to be good now. the 2 fans that go with the radiator were plugged into the built in splitter on the cooler. now i have all 6 on the commander pro. does this seem correct?

fixed.png

The variation in RPMs between the different fans seems to be more or less what I would expect.

Back