• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on thermalright macho rev.b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ikpthegame

So from the reviews I've seen online the thermalright macho rev.b seems to be a good cooler at a good price point. Now I know you can't always trust review sights so I'm asking if anyone has any real world experience with it? And this will be for a amd fx-6300, but it will be used on a better setup down the line.

Good heatsink not the very best but still a very good one. It all depends on the price point. I see it for around 50.00 and at that price you'll be hard pressed to find something that outperforms it by more then1-2c.

Like Mandrake said, depends on your budget... there are better, but the Macho is a great bang/buck cooler.

Yeah I found it for like 51 shipped so I was figuring that's my best bang for the buck. I'm gonna water cool down the line.

It sounds like a good buy, though you may want to look on Ebay for something used. I've found some really good used units for under $25.00. Another consideration, is the Reeven Ouranos. We have a review here, it's arguably one of the best Air heatsinks on the market. Though, $19.99 more then the Macho, due to S/H on newegg. I still feel for the money the Macho is a good choice.

Thanks for the advice, ill look into ebay and see what I can find. It's gonna be a couple weeks b4 I'm ready to buy anyways.

If you have the time then just keep scanning Ebay. It's been a while since I've bought an Air heatsink but I bought a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme and 2 Prolimatech Megahalems for under $20.00. Just did a quick search and found this Noctua D14 for $53.00, which is about as good as you'll get on Air.

Just keep an eye out, there are usually some pretty good deals on used heatsinks.

Is there a good heatsink shoot out online? I'm gonna keep looking but haven't found one yet, guess I suck at Google lol

Wow glad I looked farther down the forum, looks like the ninja 4 in on heck of a cooler for only $7 more, think I'll go with that.

Check out our front page, there are quite a few heatsink reviews with comparison graphs there.

Check out our front page, there are quite a few heatsink reviews with comparison graphs there.
Thanks, but I found a review on the scythe ninja 4 and it compared it to the others and it seemed to be the best. So I ordered the ninja 4, the fun begins, now if only my tax return would get here lol.

Back