• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Threadripper 2920x OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh hmm does this blue screen indicate something can be wrong with the storage? Because i have 250 gb ssd, 500ssd, and hdd. I used to have window installed on 250gb but i felt like my storage is going bad. So i installed window on 500gb and 250gb is just used as a storage. I thought its going bad because it would take forever to move files to this ssd. Usually its takes so long that i just give up.

LLC is set to level 3 with 1.3 v and 4100 OC. LLC was probably 3 too when i tried ocing to 4150 or 4200

HAL = Hardware Abstraction Layer so it doesn't like some hardware after the overclock, lol.

i changed everything back to stock except for xmp enable and i still get this coil sound..:(
i also disconnected ssd 250gb which i think is broken. now window is on ssd500 gb

At the end of the day coil whine is not a symptom of any problem, just an annoying noise. If it's any consolation my Vega64 whines like a stuck pig (in it's defense, I am cramming 1.25v and up to 360W down it's throat), good thing I game with headphones.

Can you figure out which component it's coming from? My PSU would let out an occasion whine but oddly only when the fan was set to turn itself off and on. When I disabled that feature (fan is silent anyway) the whine stopped.

i'm not sure where the sound is coming from since the case is not next to me. hmm perhaps i should try looking for that feature and turn off !

Back