• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Threshold" to be Called Windows 9, Ship in April 2015

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm cool, I never even looked too far into it, no interest at all. That is just a result of what I have seen in commercials. LOL (Love Win 7 BTW)

I'll still stick with Win 7 its solid for me as was XP but moving from that to 7 I can't stand the sight of XP anymore and I have never wanted Win 8 because it was just wrong how MS created it from the desktop point of view. It had Tablets all over it and yet they still released it for desktops and it just look like 7 but with the stupid tile screen I suppose I can't really say much of 8 because I have only used it once and that was for about 20mins.

I'm going to try Windows 8.1 out myself as another programmer I work with uses it (well I'm more a Toolmaker but I still program on MasterCam daily)

Needed to use the WIN 7 on the new HTPC build I'm doing next weekend, interesting to look at though.

I have never wanted Win 8 because it was just wrong how MS created it from the desktop point of view. It had Tablets all over it...
AngelfireUk83, if you are deciding what to choose b/w Win7 or Win8, then with this freeware http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/ you *never* see "Tablets" - Win8 boots into Desktop and looks and feels just like Win7, the problem you saw is only there on Win8 without Classic Shell.

Back