• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TI 83 ad mini usb like ti 84 [Q]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psxpetey

Id like to mod my TI 83 So that it can hookup to usb via mini usb. Problem seems that data is encrypted in some kind of custom way that needs a silver cable to go to usb.

I'm assuming the Proprietary chip they use on the motherboard is the reason for that. I did hook up usb but as You might expect I got an error malfunction message. My computer can pick up COM devices via usb I have a teensy 2.0++ that works just fine.

Does anyone know of a program that could help me out? I have done a fair amount of googling and ive taken a look at the COM mockups and the printer mod but Id like something smaller that is why I want mini usb.

Mini USB is D+ D- and ground and power I only need ground D+ D-. The ti 83 has ground at the base of its 2.5mm jack and two D at the tip and the middle. These arent data in and data out as they fucntion like a com device which connects to ground when it is ok'd to transfer or receive data.

edit: did I put this in the right section?

The second way i could go is to hook it up to the teensy and access files that way but I am unsure where I would have to attach it to get the files and if there is even a program that could translate that data into readable information.

I would assume it is the Ram chip? because if you take out all the batteries you lose data any help would rock.

Also I know I could just BUY a silver transfer cable but I'm sure you can agree this way is more fun!

Also maybe if someone had some HD photos of A ti 84 motherboard concerning the mini USB I might be able to figure this out with a seperate connection MAYBE.

Last edited:
Back