• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have a max budget? Just double check the QVL for your motherboard for memory compatibility. They certainly make faster DDR5 but I don't know that it will make much of a difference in 4k gaming.

Do you have a max budget? Just double check the QVL for your motherboard for memory compatibility. They certainly make faster DDR5 but I don't know that it will make much of a difference in 4k gaming.
I think that's max for the cpu

That's just the officially supported max. Higher is not guaranteed but can be done. No idea how high is good or if it even matters for 4k gaming. @Woomack might be able to give more info.

This is the list of memory that has been tested with your motherboard (QVL), make sure what you do pick is on the list https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z790-e-gaming-wifi-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory/
It supports it, as far as speeds go I have no idea if it makes a difference for gaming. From what I remember it doesn't but it might be different now

Back