• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time is skipping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

Today I noticed that the time on my PC is changing... Random.

First off, i noticed it was running 1 hour behind, then i updated with microsoft servers, and then all was good again. Suddenly it was behind again, by one hour. I did another update.

Then it did again, I jumped into the bios, found that the bios was one hour behind. I then changed the bios time.

Back in windows, this time i turned off auto adjust for daylight savings, and set the time manually. Went in to play some BF3, when i was done with that, the time was off by 2 hour!

I used auto sync, and the time was good again. Then suddenly it was 40mins off...

What on earth is going on?

This all happened after daylight savings!

Are you sure your time zone, rather than just your time, is correctly set? If you're in the wrong time zone, and you manually adjust the time to be correct, next time it syncs up it will re-adjust the time based on the timezone you have selected.

All i played today was BF3, and it was for an hour.

Its a strange issue... I have set the time to be manually set now. If it changes it again, im going to format and reinstall the whole system.

Now its getting closer to an understanding.

I turned off my pc at one in the morning, and i just turned it on again, and the times was 8 hours behind, seems to be a motherboard time keeping issue?

I have formatted the pc, and removed the Kingston SSD, its causing a lot of trouble!

I reset the Cmos, cant get to the batteri.

I am going to leave it for a while now, and see how if it keeps skipping.

Back