• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timings change after waking from sleep

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

I had this thread somewhere, but can't find it, so anyways..

You guys probably remember this, but if not, here it goes again:
I have my ram timinbg at 9-9-9, but if I sleep my computer and then wake her up, timings become 8-9-9.

Now I didn't give it much grind because it all seemed fine irregardless, but recently I decided to test it and while system is stable at 9-9-9, after I go to sleep and wake up, 8-9-9 gives me BSOD when priming.

How can I fix it? Asus p6t deluxe latest bios, it was doing that even before fireware flash.
i7 920 3.67 ht 184x20
Mushkin silver line 1333 8gb dual channel.

thanx

Ps-it doesn't change timings when I'm at 1333ram, but if ram over locked a bit, I get timings change after waking from sleep. Thought this might be important note

Yes and I tried auto as well, the first one always goes from 9 to 8 after waking from sleep. It doesn't happen when ram is at stock 1333, but it keeps happening when speed higher.

Okay, stupid things keep happening! Since I kept having this first timing go from 9 to 8 after waking from sleep, I decided to just set it to 8, so it won't keep changing now that it's at 8.

Well, now it goes to 7 after waking up!! Resulting in 7-9-9 :mad: this is crazy!! Taco not happy at all.

What are you using to check the timings in windows? It might just be SW related. Sleep in Windows has always had odd side effects. Also which version of Windows are you running

Vista 64 hone premium
Cpuz

It's not stable anymore after waking up. Prime gives error. I mean it doesn't crash right away, but it does if I run prime after some time

Vista 64.. wowzas...

Does anything else confirm that timing change? like AIDA64 or another similar application?

O
I'll check it out.

UT,

I agree with giving AIDA64 a try. It doesn't beat the **** out of your system like Prime95 but it does give you a good strong test of all components that you choose and in any combination. There still a 30-day freebie for AIDA64 and it still works fine on my old Vista64 machine.

Oh but it's 50 megabytes.. :( I'm on thigh data, sir.

I'll get it when I'm at like Lowe's or Walmart. Thing is, I'm split 50/50 here. If it were real 7-9-9, it probably won't even wake without bsod, but then again it doesn't get very intense for system when it wakes up.

I'll try to set 7-9-9 to see if she even posts meanwhile

Update:
---okay, it won't even post at 7-9-9. I even bumped dram to 1.6v and still black screen

Back