• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Today is a sad day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's total BS. First they tell you you're getting an upgrade, then they screw you. Then they tell you you're getting the same card, then they screw you again.
Can you give me the contact info of the person you've been dealing with? I'd like to send an email telling them why I, after reading about this experience, will NEVER buy a Zotac product. I would urge others to do the same.

That's total BS. First they tell you you're getting an upgrade, then they screw you. Then they tell you you're getting the same card, then they screw you again.
Can you give me the contact info of the person you've been dealing with? I'd like to send an email telling them why I, after reading about this experience, will NEVER buy a Zotac product. I would urge others to do the same.

Haha be my guest but it goes into a general inbox and I am guessing is picked up in a queue. I've communicated with a Amber and a Dan in RMA department. [email protected] - I had already linked them this forum saying I've been giving update on my experience with Zotac and that they came real close to keeping a customer for life. I didn't get a response after that. They dropped the ball in the end. IDK maybe I'm being dramatic, but if your product caught fire in someones computer case you might take a little extra care to handle the situation. I only had the card for 10 months.

Ok, so this kind of took a turn for the weird?? Please someone else chime in if they had ever heard of something like that. It would seem that the card I got is in fact used but not a referb. I'll just copy and paste the email. I guess they just dug this graphics card up?! lol?

Sean,

Your unit was one from Marketing, used for static demos, we did however test the unit before we shipped.
Your warranty stays the same, as the original, warranty does not start over, its start and stop based the original item
. ( I guess I have another year)

Replacements will encompass refurbished items as replacement, but again yours was not are refurbished unit. <--- I honest don't know what he was trying to say here.

Your unit was one from Marketing, used for static demos, we did however test the unit before we shipped.
Your warranty stays the same, as the original, warranty does not start over, its start and stop based the original item
. ( I guess I have another year)

They're saying that your card was just used for demos by Zotac. That can mean anything from being on a plexiglass stand just "hangin out" at computex, to being in a system running furmark for 12 hours at computex, etc etc. On the upshot it is highly unlikely that the card has ever been overvolted.

Replacements will encompass refurbished items as replacement, but again yours was not are refurbished unit. <--- I honest don't know what he was trying to say here

They mean that they reserve the option to send out a refurbished item as warranty replacement, but that your unit was not refurbished, but rather was a "demo model". You basically got the floor model TV, or the car off the showroom floor, if you will.

So I sent Zotac an email. They wrote back literally within 30 minutes. I have PM'd you the text from that email. They don't seem to grasp the concept of lying to the customer= bad in my opinion... based on their response.. anyways, YGPM.

Last edited:
So I sent Zotac an email. They wrote back literally within 30 minutes. I have PM'd you the text from that email. Laughable, really. Very unprofessional response.

Post it here for all to see.

Is that legal? Aren't there liability issues?

Does the email have confidential written anywhere?
I would just block out your email address/name so people don't get it, but other than that post away if it isn't written as confidential.

Dear XXXXX,

People hear what they want to hear, to my knowledge we have always stated that if they card is found faulty, we will replace with the same model first, only if the same model is out of stock is when we will upgrade the replacement card. Unless there is a specific condition that needed to be meet. And we also notify the customer what is going out before we ship and get an agreement.

When he/she called and inventory will different from when the RMA is complete. For him it seems like we did have his model in stock.

That is all we can say, but this is our side.

Best regards,
XXX
Zotac USA

_________

So, the way I see it, he's calling the OP of this tread a liar. Somebody's not telling the truth. I have no reason to believe the OP would invent a conversation with an RMA rep where it was mentioned to him that he would be receiving an upgrade. The exact same card, used no less, is not an upgrade. JM2C

Yeah I got your PM and responded. I find it funny that they pretty much call me a liar. What can you do. I will avoid the company in the future and anyone who asks for my input I will recommend the same.

Also the part about the agreement "And we also notify the customer what is going out before we ship and get an agreement." nothing like this happened. I was told I was getting a replacement and that they had to provide me the same because it was in stock now. So didn't really have a chance to "not agree".

Am I breaking any rules if I link this thread to the Zotac Facebook page? I'm interested to see if I get a response.

I realize that you didn't get a upgrade from zotac and that sucks , but atleast you didn't get a refurb.
Id rather a known working demo card vs a refurb any day.
Also Yes they should have just probably given you a 970 (not a GTX980 amp).
Any time i've ever RMA'd and been given a upgraded card it was of similar value or performance.
a 970 would still be faster but not far out of performance spec thats what you should have recieved if they didnt have a 780 , which they ended up having in stock.

So yes its unfortunate that the other dude said you would get a 980amp but honestly he was likely talking above his or her paygrade anyways.

If it was me id likely just be happy that i got a replacement card that was just as good as my old one.

This situation could have been worse I remember guys RMAing 480GTX's and getting 560ti's as return and the 480's were less than 1 year old , Now that would be a kick in the you know what considering at minimum a 570 was similar but they should have been replaced with 580's given prices and time between revision.

I realize that you didn't get a upgrade from zotac and that sucks , but atleast you didn't get a refurb.
Id rather a known working demo card vs a refurb any day.
Also Yes they should have just probably given you a 970 (not a GTX980 amp).
Any time i've ever RMA'd and been given a upgraded card it was of similar value or performance.
a 970 would still be faster but not far out of performance spec thats what you should have recieved if they didnt have a 780 , which they ended up having in stock.

So yes its unfortunate that the other dude said you would get a 980amp but honestly he was likely talking above his or her paygrade anyways.

If it was me id likely just be happy that i got a replacement card that was just as good as my old one.

This situation could have been worse I remember guys RMAing 480GTX's and getting 560ti's as return and the 480's were less than 1 year old , Now that would be a kick in the you know what considering at minimum a 570 was similar but they should have been replaced with 580's given prices and time between revision.

I agree with you to an extent. The problem is not that he got the same card back. That's cool. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is that he was told 2 different things by the same company. Regardless of one of these reps being on their first/last day at work, or talking above their pay grade, the fact is that two Zotac reps told him 2 different things. That's highly unprofessional. As a large company, Zotac should have had the spine to send an upgraded card, just because some (possibly flying off the handle) rep told him that was going to happen. JM2C.

Also, based on my personal experience, their emails are very unprofessional, and they say things that don't seem to be true. For example, in the email I received I was told that the customer had to "agree" to the card he was going to receive as replacement. The OP of this thread says that he was offered no such chance to agree or disagree, and was simply told "You're getting this". There seems to be a theme of Zotac saying one thing and then doing something else. Not cool.

You two guys are making an issue of nothing.
OP got a working, same or equal value card in return. Zotac has fulfilled their obligation. What you expected is out of line. There were no promises made.
Stop the boo hoo I want extra rhetoric. That's half of societies problem today. Everybody expects something for nothing.
Almost as bad as getting yourself involved in somebody else's business. You know what I'm talking about.

You two guys are making an issue of nothing.
OP got a working, same or equal value card in return. Zotac has fulfilled their obligation. What you expected is out of line. There were no promises made.
Stop the boo hoo I want extra rhetoric. That's half of societies problem today. Everybody expects something for nothing.
Almost as bad as getting yourself involved in somebody else's business. You know what I'm talking about.

This isn't about wanting something for nothing. This is about a company not keeping promises. And no, I don't know what you're talking about :).

Their obligation was fulfilled.
You're bashing a company that to me showed decent customer service, all because the OP didn't get an upgrade. Again, there was no promise made.
Why did you get involved in the OP's correspondence to Zotac?

I needn't say anymore here. Have a spectacular evening.

Last edited:
Back