• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tools required for this mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k0r34nguy

I am looking to mod an Antec Super Lanboy. I want to complete the following:

-Paint the case black
-Add a side-panel fan and blowhole (120mm)
-Replace the front grill with a metal one instead of a plastic one

What tools are required for this kind of mod? And where can I buy such equipment?

*Going to be my first mod* :clap:

1. Machete
2. Chainsaw
3. Blowtorch
4. 100000000 bottles of black nail polish
5. Scissors
6. Cheap $5 Mesh
7. Plasma Cutter
8. Crowbar
9. Laser
10. Nuclear Warhead

All of these can be purchased at your local WALMART!!! (Except the warheads; you can buy the Iraqi ones from the White House)

Whoa all those tools required for painting, and hole cutting? Haha are you serious about the nail polish?

....... i dont believe he was

altohough you could paint your case with nailpolish, but i wouldn't recommend it

All the tools can be replaced with a dremel. Yes, you can get a nuclear warhead on a dremel too. It's an attachment that you can buy at Home Depot.

A hole saw is what I believe most people use to make blowholes.

Whats a dremel? OK so I need a hole saw and a drill most likely. Do I just use spray paint to color the case?

Maybe what will help is if someone gives me links to what tools to purchase from www.homedepot.com or something so I have a clear idea of what tools I need.

k0r34nguy said:
Maybe what will help is if someone gives me links to what tools to purchase from www.homedepot.com or something so I have a clear idea of what tools I need.
I don't think that links to tools is going to solve your problem.
If I gave you a link to a 120mm holesaw, a jitterbug sander, an air compressor, etc, what good would that do you?

You need to master the process you want to perform, then you'd already know what tool(s) you needed to do it- not the other way around.
For any given goal there are an infinite number of ways to achieve it...you need to decide the approach and the necessary methods (or the methods available to you) to achieve that goal.

There are special kinds of paints and primers that will give you the exact look and feel you want on plastic and/or metal. It's up to you to find them.

On another note, google the tools clocker gave you.

Back