• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's 4P F@H build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like I didn't wait any too long to get the last one. There were 2 left when I got mine, and now they are out. Cheapest I can see on ebay right now is $130.

Coolers will arrive today.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like even though I ordered from a Florida based company, they are drop shipping the motherboard from California. It should arrive this Friday.

Here is a photo to tide you over:

This is what I used in Tanker. They're silent, but cool so well I only use one fan, instead of the two they include, per unit. They fit the G34 socket without adapters.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608023

Check the sizes if your mobo has the unevenly spaced cpu socket design. These units clear the heat spreaders on my RAM, but Noctua also has a slightly smaller version of this unit, that fits better into a tower case, but won't clear RAM heat spreaders (depending on the height of the RAM heat spreaders).

Top quality for cool and quiet, on a G34 socket. Not inexpensive, however.

I used 92mm fan/hs for my 4P SuperMicro H8QGi-F board :)

Well, the motherboard is supposed to arrive today, but tracking hasn't been updated since it left CA a week ago. So, I may not get it today. :(

New builds are fun and exciting. Patience can be hard. You will be able to have fun with your grown up Tinker Toys soon enough. ;)

Well, UPS delivered today here at my work and no motherboard. The thing that worries me is there has been no updates on the tracking since 1/4/14. There are usually 2 hubs between there and here where they transfer between trucks, that should have popped up. Plus nothing from my closest location letting me know it was put on a truck for delivery. :bang head

This is the sum total of tracking I have:
Code:
San Pablo, CA, United States  01/04/2014  3:46 A.M.  Departure Scan  
San Pablo, CA, United States  01/03/2014  11:04 P.M.  Arrival Scan  
San Jose, CA, United States  01/03/2014  9:43 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 01/03/2014  8:26 P.M.  Origin Scan  
United States  01/03/2014  9:58 P.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS

You went with wiredzone.com, correct? That means it was drop shipped directly from SuperMicro. That was where I purchased my 4P boards over a year ago. It took some time, but they made it. With all the holiday backlog seen in news, and wacky weather systems, I am sure UPS is still playing catch up with deliveries. Never hurts to check with a human to see if they have any further information. :)

UPS will run a trace, but I've got to wait until 7pm tonight.

Scanned in at my local hub about 3:30 today. So, it looks like Monday.

Scanned in at my local hub about 3:30 today. So, it looks like Monday.

Torin,

I sense that your pulse rate is up, and BP is through the roof over waiting on pins&needles for the board to arrive!(I know that I would be).

Here, have a :beer: to wind down a bit. ;)

:soda: available(upon request).

Got it. Took lots of pictures. Hand tapped the 6-32 thru-holes. CPUs put in. Last heatsink modified. All ready to take home.

Aaannnd....that will be it until tomorrow night. :(

This is the last day of my work's 'Biggest Loser' contest.
Saturday = 5 hours on the treadmill
Sunday = 4 hours on the treadmill
Today: I've already got in an hour before work, and I'm going to try and get 3 more tonight.
Tomorrow: One more hour before work.

I'm down about 30 pounds. Another pound our two and I should be just about guaranteed to win. The guy in first place hasn't lost more than 5 pounds in any one week, and 31 pounds would put me ahead of him if he loses 5 pounds this week.

So, no time to do anything but treadmill today. :(

Back