• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

toshiba satellite l755d-s5106 from best buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thevipper

Registered
ok im thinking of getting this laptop
specs
A6-3420M quad core processor 1.5GHz (with Turbo CORE up to 2.4GHz)
4gb ddr3 (upgradable to 8 gb)
500gb hdd SATA (5400 rpm)
AMD Radeon HD 6520G (igp)
6-cell lithium-ion battery 65 watt charger
15.6" High-definition widescreen LED-backlit TFT with TruBrite technology (1366 x 768)

now i have a few question's before buying
1.heard those processors are overclockable with software (cant think of it atm) will this one be able to
2.how good is the stock vent's/cooling and the chasis with the procesor not true overclocked but in turbo mode with out a cooling pad if it can reach max turbo
3.i am planing on doing some light gaming on this when im out and about the games im looking at playing are skyrim, saints row the third(big maybe), guild wars 2 (when its released) might also get diablo 3 and batman arkham city the games will be on low~medium settings according to what resolution i play at (have not decided)

i am planning on getting a cooling pad of course but im trying to figure out what all it can do by itself before hand i have not looked at this in store yet just seen it on there website i can find reviews but cant find the complete specs on it though im unfamilar with toshiba's site to find anything in more detail also will be my first toshiba purchase

Honestly my personal opinion about Toshiba's, is that they are a piece of crap. They aren't made that well, and the people that I talk to that own one or two;they don't really like the satellites at all. I would go with a different brand like a Lenovo or something else. Hey, thats just my opinion about Toshiba's.

I have a Toshiba Satellite R845-S85. I think it's a really nice laptop. What do you plan on doing with your laptop besides games? Do you travel often? I don't think that laptop is capable of playing Skyrim very well even at low settings. Plus it's really heavy, there are some lighter ones, have you thought about that? What about battery life?

Honestly my personal opinion about Toshiba's, is that they are a piece of crap. They aren't made that well, and the people that I talk to that own one or two;they don't really like the satellites at all. I would go with a different brand like a Lenovo or something else. Hey, thats just my opinion about Toshiba's.

I have a low opinion of low/mid range Toshiba's as well. I generally avoid them.
I owned their (at the time) best laptop (7900 GTX era). The laptop itself was horribly designed, which ended up killing itself multiple times and their support was absolutely horrible. I would also advise looking elsewhere. You'd figure that when someone pays around $4k for a laptop, that you would get one that works, or at very least, good enough support to get you a working laptop. I never got a fully working laptop.

Back