• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trade E8400 for E8200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap05

If I could do this what vid or batch or anything else would I look for? My E8400 doesn't clock that well needs extra voltage to make 3.6GHz stable. My friend is getting an office machine with an E8200 in it and I am welcome to swap him cpus if his E8200 looks like it could be good. What should I look for?

I'm really surprised that you are having trouble getting your E8400 to 3.6...very few E8400 are tough to get to 4 Ghz, I would hate for you to give up nice CPU like that. What voltage do you need to get to 3.6?

The only way you would be sure the E8200 is a good clocker is to try it, normally Intel bin the lower end CPU's and make them E7200/E8200 and the higher end ones as E8400/E8500. VID is not a sure indication on the duallies as much as it is on the quads.

My suggestion is to try out the E8200 if you can and see how it does, if you can.

If I could do this what vid or batch or anything else would I look for? My E8400 doesn't clock that well needs extra voltage to make 3.6GHz stable. My friend is getting an office machine with an E8200 in it and I am welcome to swap him cpus if his E8200 looks like it could be good. What should I look for?

I will trade you my E8200 I just got it last week for your E8400 . what do you say ?

I didn't say I was having trouble getting it to 3.6 it runs fine with 1.3+v and I've tried it on 3 different boards. I realize its a crap shoot getting a good clocker I was wondering if there was something I could look for as being a good indicator of a decent clocking chip.

Not at all interested...if I don't trade it for this E8200 I will keep what I have until I move to a Quad at some point.

I will trade you my E8200 I just got it last week for your E8400 . what do you say ?

Well I can get the E8200 up to 3.7GHz on my EVGA 680i mobo this is maxing out the FSB the mobo will not do over 1900 but if I had a different mobo I bet this chip will do well over 4GHz . just waiting to get a new mobo soon . you know as far as the cherry picking goes it is a crap shoot to tell you the truth there is no one thing that is going to say to you yeah I can OC like mad! or no I will give you all kinds of trouble OC'ing . it is just the luck of the draw .
Most buy a chip OC the hell out of it right away and take the Chip back and get a different one not saying any thing at all about what kind of hell they put that chip through till they get the one that can oc like mad .

running my e8200 at 4ghz 1.48vcore.
was thinking to get the e8400 or the e8500 now when the pricedrops.
but the benefit isnt worth it tho.

No increase in what I use the computer for ;)

I didn't say I was having trouble getting it to 3.6 it runs fine with 1.3+v and I've tried it on 3 different boards. I realize its a crap shoot getting a good clocker I was wondering if there was something I could look for as being a good indicator of a decent clocking chip.

As I said, try the E8200 if you can otherwise keep your E8400, VID is an indicator but that is about it, proof in the pudding is in the eating as always.

OK the vid for this E8200 is 1.2250v so probably not worth the trouble

Back