• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transmitter corrupting earbuds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

On_Point

Hi, this is probably a dumb question, but is it possible for a bluetooth transmitter to corrupt or mess with bluetooth in earbuds. I ask because I have had 4 different sets of earbuds in the past year that seem to develop audio issues after using it with a transmitter I use on my desktop.
It doesn't happen the first time I use it but over time all the earbuds developed pairing issues where one side because quiet or the sound would be choppy static, or the earbuds would get stuck in "mono mode" where it works fine with just one of the buds paired, but there would be some issue when the second bud is paired.
The thing is...I've been using this transmitter ages with a Fiio BTR3K receiver and wired headphones with zero issues.

I can't answer your question but I would say that if you have an issue and the commonality is you transmitter, Get a new transmitter. I wrote (poorly) a quick guide on this topic.

I think that's what I'm going to do. I think the transmitter I have just isn't good at connecting to earbuds. Pretty strange as it says it can even transmit to two devices.
This is the transmitter I have that is having the issue:

And this is the new one I ordered. It's twice the cost....so I hope it works out.

With my earbuds, the BT transciever connects to the right one and the right one connects to the left one. Couldn't say if this is standard or not.

With my earbuds, the BT transciever connects to the right one and the right one connects to the left one. Couldn't say if this is standard or not.
I think most buds do this if you take them both out. Newer ones also work with just one bud. And certain ones can even have the buds connect to different devices at the same time.
I have even had the issue where both buds have connected to the transmitter on their own, which sounds really odd because it's playing left & right channels through each earbud instead of splitting them between the buds.

Back