• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tripple SLI Scores...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AMD claims much better scaling with 4 GPUs in CFX...
Is there even a mainboard capable of supplying at least 8x on the third slot?

AMD claims much better scaling with 4 GPUs in CFX...
Is there even a mainboard capable of supplying at least 8x on the third slot?

Yep I know, I'm just posting news I'm neither pro NV or against it :)

Don't the new nVidia chipset (780i or 790i) boards have like 41 PCI-e lanes? I thought I read that recently. That might give them 16x 16x 8x 1x.

YES now we are able to take 3x more the souls of dead babies as before... :rolleyes:

thats a little on the redicolous side... 2 cards in sli dont scale very well... 3 sheesh thats just a waste.

and amd running 4 of the hottest cards ever made in one system... gd what is the world comming too... this is worse than the preshott era.

and amd running 4 of the hottest cards ever made in one system... gd what is the world comming too... this is worse than the preshott era.
Actually, ATi's new 3850 and 3870 is 1/2 the TDP if the 2900, so you could have 4 of these things and you'll consume little more then 2 2900XT's.

How old is SLI?
nVidia really needs to scrap or completely overhaul it, it was not that great to begin with.

as old as 3dfx lol..., but yeah it seems like both companys are not doing very well atm with their muti-card setups.

How old is SLI?
nVidia really needs to scrap or completely overhaul it, it was not that great to begin with.

Been sayin it for years. Okay for the benchmark nerds, but the originally projected "2x performance" marketing scheme has still yet to be proven across the board. And by the time some people can afford 2 cards, a single card is out that is faster.

i think everyone should drop the obsession with multiple gpus all together. Lets get some multi CORE gpus one the table.

hehe PhysX, i like your sig.

Definitely, apparently the next top of the line Radeon card will have 2 GPUs on the one card, but I doubt it'll be a multicore setup and just a cheap hack like the 7950 GX2s were.

ya like stated i think the gpu should go the route of the cpu.... IE, more cores on a single die using less power. core 2 duo comes to mind...

think of how tight that be a dualcore gpu.... (haha maybe amd will actually be able to use a tri core somewhere profitable :beer: lawls what am i thinking, amd and profitable in the same sentence, NONESENSE!)

Yeah really multi GPU's doesn't thrill me much at all. Sure if I got a 50-75% increase across the board I'd be more intrested in it but thats not the case as we all know.

Really the only thing that catches my eye for SLI'ed cards is the 8800GT's.

Yeah really multi GPU's doesn't thrill me much at all. Sure if I got a 50-75% increase across the board I'd be more intrested in it but thats not the case as we all know.

Really the only thing that catches my eye for SLI'ed cards is the 8800GT's.

I'm seriously considering 8800GT SLI - from what I've seen it performs better in every game at 1900x1200 than a 8800GTX (with AA and AF) by noticeable margins (i.e. the 8800GT SLI fps are playable, while the 8800GTX can't quite cut it for the latest games) and they only cost as much as one GTX. This should also be the case for Crysis retail. November should be a very interesting month for the state of GPUs.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I wouldn't do this if I had money growing out of my ears. I'd simply phase my entire system and score way higher.

I like the idea of multi core GPU's. Has either company even hinted towards that? Someone should put it in their suggestion box.

--pak

Back