• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Troubleshooting Boot Loop (Probelms with SLI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mysticunicycle

Hey guys,

So recently i had to do a fresh install and wiped my computer clean, and since then I've had some problems concerning a boot loop when i plug in my second graphics card.

I'm using these parts

two 2GB MSI Twin Frozr II GTX560 Ti cards
Gigabyte Z68 XP-UD3P board
a 16GB Corsair Ram kit
Intel i7 2600K
1000W Coolermaster Gold power supply

The problem appears to lie in the second card being plugged in. Everything works perfectly fine with only a single card plugged in, but when the second card is plugged in, powered on, and the SLI bridge attached, it goes into boot loop. The boot loop starts at the screen where it says "Loading your operating system".

Sorry for the lack of specifics, I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, but i know enough. Ask for anything else that might be able to help.
Thanks in advance.:)

Hmm, does it matter if you swap the cards around? Made sure the cards are seated properly?

Also is there a settings in the bios to enable which pcie slot to boot off first?

Hmm, does it matter if you swap the cards around? Made sure the cards are seated properly? Made sure both cards are getting power?

Also is there a settings in the bios to enable which pcie slot to boot off first?

I've swapped the cards around and it doesn't matter either way. Boot loop still. I've had this machine working for about 7 months straight before the wipe, so it's not a power issue or a heat issue (the inside sits at 24C constantly, I've got a HAF case and a Noctua). It has just happened since the wipe. There might be a setting in the bios to tell which pcie slot to boot first, but I'm not sure. My more tech savvy roommate who helped with the set up is telling me that there is not.

Back