• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

True Spirit 140 worth every penny!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azuza001

So I installed my new True Spirit 140 this evening, it only has the single fan that it came with on it now. But just by going from the Zalaman S9900NT to this I was able to drop my temps by 10C at 3.8 Ghz!

I was able get my I7 870 up to 4.2Ghz with this cooler, but its pretty damn hot here right now and with HyperT off I had to have the VCore at 1.388 to keep it stable in Prime95 for a half hour. This had my temps at 78/77/74/79 so I didn't feel comfortable with that level of Vcore or temps and dropped it down to 4Ghz. There it purrs at 1.31 Vcore with my temps staying in the mid to high 60's.

Anyone considering spending 50$ on a cooler I would highly recommend the True Spirit. Muddocktor NAILED it on his review, this thing kicks serious *** for the price. :thup:

I'm glad the TS140 worked out so well for you azuza001. :thup:

I think it's about the best cooler around for the $50 delivered price range and will run with the best coolers on the market regardless of price, especially if you decide to upgrade fans.

Thanks, yea I will probably look into fan swapping at a later date once we get into the full summer heat but either way I'm extremely happy with it. Glad I didn't go "cheaper" and do something else.

Back