• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to find a nice sound card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I got it all hooked up late last night (I just threw it into my extra PCIe 3.0 slot). After what seemed an eternity of driver installation I got it working; I couldn't be happier. That feeling when things work on the first try. Anyways, after all of that I hopped into Battlefield 4 and yes, I did take a performance hit. I noticed I was getting about 5-10 FPS less but that's no matter, it's still looking really smooth. Thank you all for help. I wouldn't have been able to do this on my own.
Also, I looked on Newegg to see if I could save any but shipping bumped it up to $107

Last edited:
Perhaps I should have mentioned that I live in Alaska. The local zip code is 99654 if you don't believe me

Nice, Im glad everything worked out, but 5-10fps hit? that seams a lot just because you pcie now runs at x8 instead of x16, should be like 1-5fps difference if any at all. How many fps are you getting? 5-10fps hit on 200fps is okay but 5-10fps hit on 60-70fps is way too much, I cant believe that's caused by pcie running at x8, if that was the case SLI/Crossfire wouldn't be as efficient as it is nowdays.

Yeah right now I'm running at about 50 FPS with 75-ish being the max but I've seen it drop all the way down to 30. Do you think I would be having the same hit if I had plugged it into the PCIe slot?

You mean if you plugged it into PCI slot? your card is PCIe and you have it plugged into PCIe 3.0 second slot right now so it cuts your PCIe slot bandwidth in half from x16 to x8 and x8, therefore your gpu PCIe slot now runs at x8, so if you used PCI card/slot your PCIe would still run at x16. But like I said x8 vs x16 shouldn't make that much of a difference.

I's just move it down a slot or two and not cut you're lanes up, you might be even happier with some improved speed if you have more open.

Back