• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to get a celery 800 in a slot1 adapter to work in abit be6 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbrowne

This ABIT BE-6 motherboard, version 1.2 (NOT a BE6-2) was originally running a celeron 366 in a slot 1 adapter.

PC runs fine. When I put a socket 370 celeron 800 in the same slot 1 adapter, the system won't boot. it powers on and thats it, no beeps, no video.

Its running the latest BIOS, and I've resetted the BIOS to factory defaluts even to try that. Still no go.

The CPU is good because I put it in a socket 370 board and it fires up right away.

The slot adapter will support up to 100mhz which is plenty for this 800, so what gives? I'm at a loss right now unless someone seen this before and knows what it is.

My old Abit BH6 is running flawlessly with a 900+ celery chip in a slot 1 adapter for the person I sold it to almost a yeara go....I'm confused!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Leo

So chances are, that old Slot 1 adapter card which was bought back when I got the 366 celery, can not support the coppermine CPU.

better get one off ebay then! :)

you can mae a PGA slotket work with FCPGA CPUs....

you will need to bridge AH4 to X4 on the slotket
and disconnect pin AM2 on the CPU.

AH4 to X4 will need tobe done with a soldering iron.
pga_to_fcpga.jpg

this one was not my best work, but the adapter does work :D
Asus S370 Rev1.01

and the easiest way to disconnect AM2 is to break the pin off the CPU. And the CPU will still work in all motherboards, so no worries thier.
cant post a pic of the CPU right now as it is currently in use (633 coppermine-128), but i can get one later on if you would like

Back