• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying to get readings for oc'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

watcher6342

just installed new mobo and 6core is back to 4core. here are first readings

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 48
more uploads

more uploads from new setup

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 47
Thread moved from the Classifieds to AMD Motherboards. Should get quite a few more views here :D

here you go. dont know why spd didnt have reading.

Attachments

• trents copies 1.PNG
    trents copies 1.PNG
    22.4 KB · Views: 45
  • trents copies2.PNG
    trents copies2.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 44
  • trents copies 3.PNG
    trents copies 3.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 45
Change to slot #2. There's no module in Slot #1.

Attachments

• Slot.JPG
    Slot.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
If you're wondering why your CPU is showing as quad core, it's because your CPU is a quad core. I believe some can be unlocked to hex core, so there are probably some BIOS settings for unlocking cores. However, I don't know what those settings would be since I've never owned an AMD CPU or motherboard.

It's kinda hard to tell what, if anything, you are asking about since there are no questions in the OP.

Now, lets put some pics together to see the big picture from CPU-z as wacther sent me a pic of the "SPD" tab by email.

The timings look appropriate for the frequency but with some manual fine tuning of the timings you can probably get better performance out of the memory as you can see by comparing the SPD tab XMP-1600 column timings with your current bios settings as displayed in the Memory tab. Smaller numbers means tighter timings and better performance. Watcher, I am assuming you have the memory timing and voltage on "Auto" in bios.

Core temps and CPU temps look appropriate at stock frequencies and voltages for his Hyper 212+ cooler.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 31
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Temps.JPG
    Temps.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Now, lets put some pics together to see the big picture from CPU-z as wacther sent me a pic of the "SPD" tab by email.

The timings look appropriate for the frequency but with some manual fine tuning of the timings you can probably get better performance out of the memory as you can see by comparing the SPD tab XMP-1600 column timings with your current bios settings as displayed in the Memory tab. Smaller numbers means tighter timings and better performance. Watcher, I am assuming you have the memory timing and voltage on "Auto" in bios.

Core temps and CPU temps look appropriate at stock frequencies and voltages for his Hyper 212+ cooler.

yes, everything is in auto. are you saying i should manually change ram settings to 1600 ? i am going to assume that since youre on here youre waiting for me to call?:)

If you're wondering why your CPU is showing as quad core, it's because your CPU is a quad core. I believe some can be unlocked to hex core, so there are probably some BIOS settings for unlocking cores. However, I don't know what those settings would be since I've never owned an AMD CPU or motherboard.

It's kinda hard to tell what, if anything, you are asking about since there are no questions in the OP.

yes, it is a 4 core but on my other mobo, trents showed me how to unlock the other 2. so i know it will unlock to 6 cores. he has been mentor and friend since coming to this forum and his explanations are more than sufficient to help a noob such as myself.i just installed new mobo and ram and he is working with me . he is giving me classes on how to boost what is necessary and making sure all is well.if there are awards to be given, he definitely deserves them. great teacher.we will be oc'ing this cpu as 4 core and then possibly trying it as 6 core since this mobo can save multiple settings.

last prime 95 test: 59C at 1.485 cpu v, cores never went above 42c, last multiplier was 19.5

Attachments

• 4.7.12.PNG
    4.7.12.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.7.12-2.PNG
    4.7.12-2.PNG
    22.5 KB · Views: 27
Great! I expect you'll wind up with 4.0-4.1 ghz. When you come up against "the wall" it begins to take a lot more voltage to get just one more .1 ghz speed and there's the risk of frying something and it's not worth it.

Last edited:
forgot to send these, just in case you needed to see them. by the way, hows your day brother? i was bored to death at work, just waiting to get here and see what i could make her do. :)

Attachments

• 4.8.12.PNG
    4.8.12.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.8.12-2.PNG
    4.8.12-2.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.8.12-3.PNG
    4.8.12-3.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 28
You can change the ram timings to those appropriate for 1778 and that might work fine but I would not raise the ram frequency to that level as the 960T integrated memory controller will not tolerate the ram frequency that high most likely. I would also try bumping the ram voltage up to 1.55.

Back