• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to OC Fx-8350 but Prime95 freezes the System!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PC freezing = crashed. Meaning your OC wasn't stable and you need more vCore to be stable.

Or at a hard core wall that won't budge. It's possible that the freezing is from too high of core temps.

Looks like you have a hard core wall at roughly 4.8 Ghz.

RJARRRPCGP, If you read his 1st post all the OP was doing was just upping the multiplier and booting into windows. There weren't any real stress test's done until Prime at 4.9ghz. There is no way to know what that chip can do because none of the "normal" overclocking processes were followed. The OP is in school an doesn't have the time to devote to this right now and will return soon as stated in the last post.

In 5th february i finish my last exam (if i pass all hopefully :p) and i will start overclocking properly :)

RJARRRPCGP, If you read his 1st post all the OP was doing was just upping the multiplier and booting into windows. There weren't any real stress test's done until Prime at 4.9ghz. There is no way to know what that chip can do because none of the "normal" overclocking processes were followed. The OP is in school an doesn't have the time to devote to this right now and will return soon as stated in the last post.

Good post Mandrake4565. We seem to get a number of guesses thrown into threads that just muddy up the process for the OP, when he is trying to systematically clock his parts and pieces. In this instance the OP is finishing up his exams and the project is on hold anyway. I see he has said he will soon finish exams and will begin to overclock from the starting place then. Good deal. Testing stability with P95 Blend unearths the real deal about Max Mhz for sure.
RGone...

Kinda the same issue as to why I havn't been back in a while.

I do collision work and it's been a nasty freeze thaw cycle. I've been working 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day fixing cars. It's not light duty work, there is lifting, banging, pulling, cuts, bruises and swearing, most of all MONEY!

I'll update my thread in a minute here. I've been lurking and reading but havn't had a chance to really play with my system much.

Kinda the same issue as to why I havn't been back in a while.

I do collision work and it's been a nasty freeze thaw cycle. I've been working 6 days a week up to 12 hours a day fixing cars. It's not light duty work, there is lifting, banging, pulling, cuts, bruises and swearing, most of all MONEY!

I'll update my thread in a minute here. I've been lurking and reading but havn't had a chance to really play with my system much.

My son-in-law owned a body shop that I worked at until his death in 2004 and then for DFi for 6.5 years until they quit selling consumer mobos. I know what that body-work implies for sure. And when it is cold that wash and clean before paint is tough. Good luck man and get the money while it is hot but cold. Hehehe.
RGone...ster.

Back