• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to play nice with wrong information

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

Ever tried to correct a website vendor that you like and actually order from by sending them a polite note only to have them "get back to you" while missing the point entirely?

It's frustrating, especially when that company does a lot of business with the PC enthusiast community.

Basically, this company has a note on their website that lists the number of available stock for any particular item. It's always nice to know whether it's going to be in stock or back ordered BEFORE ordering, so this is nice. Unfortunately, next to that it says that if you order by 6, your order ships same day. Their website says this for every day, whether they're open or not.

So, I order at 5 on a Saturday. Shipment confirmation hits my inbox Monday. When I e-mail them about the promise on their website I get the response that said "Well, we close at 4 and last pickup for outgoing packages is at 3 on Saturday and we're not open Sunday, so your package shipped the next business day."

Well, ok, but that's not what your website promised me. Why does it promise that if you KNOW you can't deliver on that promise?

It's not like I was upset or demanding a refund or anything else. It's not a part I needed right away. I just figured they'd like to know that their website makes promises that they obviously can't deliver on. If they simply don't care about making promises they can't keep, then maybe they're not as good of a place to do business with as I was lead to believe.

I e-mailed them back to this basic effect (except nicer), I guess I don't want to name them before they have a chance to respond again. I'm sure some of you might be able to figure out who I'm talking about though. I'm aggravated more by their response than the fact that the package shipped two days later than they promised.

Newegg has slipped a lot in the last 2 or 3 years. once upon a time they were the cheapest online website by far for pc parts. Now it's not that hard to find cheaper, and their return policies are horrible.

I know exactly which vendor you're talking about. (Starts with an F)

Personally I have only ever had a good experience with them though, but I guess no one is perfect. I would say that you should give them a second chance nonetheless, frustrating as their slightly dismissive response may have been. I knew they were closed on Sunday but I didn't know that they had an earlier pickup on Saturdays - that's good to note for my future purchases. :thup:

Back