• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TT Giant II or Vantec Iceberq4 and Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys, that's just the thing, I can't cool the RAM if I get the Giant II (which I've decided to get). Anyone with workarounds?

That's exactly what I was thinking! I'm gonna use a dremmel and cut the side of the Giant 2 heatsink off so I can have air blowing onto some copper heatsinks small enough to fit inside. I'll keep u all updated. :)
CHEERS!

Here's a closeup.

sets.jpg

Link

fan direction

TheGr8s1, do you have the fans blowing at or away from the heatsinks?

TheGr8s1 said:
I'll take the card out later and take an up close picture if u guys want. But anyways, from my experience with this setup. Before I using just the stock HSF I would achieve a maximum of 360/606 before I get artifacts. I removed the stock shim then applied a thin layer of AS3 before mounting the Giant 2. After I mounted the Giant 2 I thought to myself the fan the Giant 2 came with looked really shi__y. So I figured since I had a few fans lying around I'd go ahead and stick em on the heatsink. Since doin that I've achieved 400/640.To me it looks like a winner. But I think I'm gonna cut the side of the Giant 2 facing the side fan off to add more airflow through. Plus I still want ramsinks and cutting off the side provides my ramsinks the airflow I think it would need. Anyways those are my thoughts. :)
CHEERS!

:D

My opinion out of those 2 options would be the vantec and ramsinks. On the other hand if it were my choice to go get whatever I wanted id prolly get some nice ramsinks and the vantec as you stated or a cyrstal orb.

TheGr8s1,
With those providers that prevent you from direct-linking the pictures, like the one you have, it almost always works if you place a question mark '?' at the end of the URL.

Back