• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

typical o/c for a i7-920 on stock voltages?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elliotuk

Registered
Just got my new i7-920 D0 through the post and putting it all together, just wondering, what Ghz are most people getting out of these without adjusting any voltages?

And also what would be the "safest" voltage to push the vcore to on air cooling? about 1.4v?

thanks

It depends a lot on the batch# of the CPU, so if you know the batch# (found on the retail box at the bottom of the sticker, and under the label of FPO/Batch #) refer to this thread over at XS to give yourself an idea...

Core i7 Overclocking by Batch #
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213105

thanks for that link, no one on there at the end of the thread seems to have a batch as recent as mine though :/

Mine is: 3927A336

Anyone else got this batch?

If you can push 1.4v loaded on air, go for it. Push the highest voltage you can under 85c IMO. If you get 3.6-3.8ghz on stock voltages, you are doing alright. Not all chips can do that though.

Back