• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugh.. How do you tell what voltage an AGP Card is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WayneDolesman

Having problems with my Nephews P4PE board. It was up and running just fine with a 64Mb GeForce 3.. then all of a sudden it up and died on him (or so it seemed). At one point I got it running again, but then as soon as I started loading drivers in XP, it blue screened and borked out (on a clean install).

We swapped out just about every peice of hardware we could. So we RMA the board. Get the new one back today and now we can't get it to post. When we put his GF3 card in, the stupid red light next to the AGP slot comes out.. the manual says that's BAD and the card is not supported.. I don't understand how a GF3 wouldn't be supported in that board&^#$!!! It says it won't take 3.3volt cards, it will ONLY use 1.5 volt.. how do I tell what voltage the GF3 is? We have an older Radeon card (8500 maybe??) that doesn't give us the nasty red alarm light, but the video won't come on when we power on the system. Fans come on and everything, but no video. The stupid case doesn't have a speaker LED, so I can't tell if there's a beep code or not..

I'm getting stuck here.. help?

AGP2x and older cards used 3.3v, so I'd be surprised if your GF3 did. Besides, like you said, it worked before, thus it can't be the culprit. Your mobo probably just fried.

Try resetting the BIOS, though, and see what happens.

Ugh.. well, why does this stupid replacement board come up with the red alarm light when I put in the GF3! They sent a bad board as the RMA??? heh..

Sheesssh..

I'll try resetting the BIOS..

Back