• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uhhh... guys... TEAM 32 HAS INCOMMING!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok folding brothers, I'll lend a hand. It's not much, but have to keep one Rig crunching for my Rosetta team.

In your estimation how many PPD is a Q9550 @3.8GHz good for?

On two Linux VMs & A2 core units... 6000~7000ppd.

...on two A1 units... ~5000ppd.

WinSMP - I have no idea. :D

I Pledge to...

1. Increase my folding production."
2. Fold 24/7."
3. Maintain my Current folding production."
4. Not let a single Mhz go to waste."
5. Get a friend or family member interested in FAH OR
Help new members whenever possible."

MPC has a new member that does 400,000 PPD ?

I pledge to turn my home farm back on, I keep feeling like I shouldn't spend the $ on electricity since I'm pretty broke but it really doesn't seem to make much of a difference to my monthly bill running the machines in my sig + roommates E6700.

every little bits going to help. I have some crapppppy old systems here that might get 500PPD lol but if i can do thos two and a laptop and 5 more people bring on the same amount we have a major advantage.

fold that P2 if you need to!

MPC has a new member that does 400,000 PPD ?

I pledge to turn my home farm back on, I keep feeling like I shouldn't spend the $ on electricity since I'm pretty broke but it really doesn't seem to make much of a difference to my monthly bill running the machines in my sig + roommates E6700.

A bunch of MPC team members pledged to fold for that username for a week to honor them for some reason that I don't know. Bottom line is that it shouldn't increase their overall team PPD.

Ill run it for a bit. Havent folded in awhile but Ill run it for a day or two :D

Not pledging anything, but Ill help out. FAH will run 24/7 on my machine (although with lowest CPU priority so when Im working in it, it doesnt hurt too bad :D)

@ratbuddy

In the last 2 days I have added 5 clients, each only doing around ~100ppd. In times such as this, we need every mhz possible.

By the way, this guy is doing another 12k PPD along with that.

Gonna get overtaken by him in a week or so. :(

Got my computer on 24/7 when I'm not benching, and that is the best I can do right now.

I'll pull a couple rigs off Rosetta to help out.

I just installed a pr of uni-proc clients on an old dually, when my rosie units run out I'll kick in a q6600 and a q9550, clocks will depend on the temps.

Last edited:
Alright SMP client installed and running full tilt boogie @ 3.83Ghz.

This is only half of my folding power, but I hope it will do.

Alright I am going to throw the 9550 on the fire full tilt for a little bit. I already have the gpu folding for the last week or so. Will I get as many ppd on windows smp or do I need to do linux smp but if I do linux smp how do I do the gpu?

oh, now people are starting to care. I was worried when they were like a month away and I just joined the team.

I already did most of that stuff, so I'll:
1. Increase my folding production, by changing a WinSMP to 2xVM
2. Continue to fold 24/7.
3. Maintain my Current folding production.

Can't say I won't let any Mhz go to waste :(. I tried to get this P4 1.6GHz folding, but it gave me 68PPD and used 150 watts (diskless, too!)

I pledge to

1. Add another GPU folding.
2. Add 5 more folding via the XP client install
3. keep them all folding 24/7
4. Figure out why VMware keeps crashing on this quad and set up an Ubuntu/SMP instance on it. (SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME POINTERS...)
5. Install three more VMware/Ubuntu/SMP instances on my other dual core GPU folders.
6. Set a personal goal of increasing my 24 hr average to 40k points.

email [email protected] so we can dialogue on my VMware issue.

Let's do this thing.

Well I PM'd Computekinc.us with his estimated 60K PPD and he responded and it sounds like he is getting some GPU clients running for T32 this weekend.

One other thought, how can we go about some recruiting outside of the FOLDing section of ocforums? I'm sure some of our members would like to back our efforts to hold off MPC.

A pair of 9800GT arrived Friday, which will add ~9Kppd to the farm early next week.

I have so many machines running that my wife will kill me if she ever adds the numbers up. There are so many that we are heating with electricity instead of natural gas now. Well, ok that is stretching things a bit. There are 7 in this room, and I am sweating like a crack dealer at a July tent revival..

Love the sig line nucligator...we all have those same problems! :thup: :beer:

foldon.gif

Well I PM'd Computekinc.us with his estimated 60K PPD and he responded and it sounds like he is getting some GPU clients running for T32 this weekend.

One other thought, how can we go about some recruiting outside of the FOLDing section of ocforums? I'm sure some of our members would like to back our efforts to hold off MPC.

Well, some of the OCF Rosetta team members are already on the job, either because they already split their time between F@H and Rosetta, or because they saw this thread and decided to help out.
I have already made a post in the Rosetta Status thread, so that one's covered. I say we need to get some of those hardcore SETI freaks out here. ;)

I Pledge to...
1. Increase my folding production. (Already have by 50%)
2. Fold 24/7.
3. Maintain my Current folding production.
4. Not let a single Mhz go to waste.
5. Help out members interested in FAH. mentoring ( In Progress)
6. Install Linux VM,s My main rigs for a production boost. (Alaready Done)

I also Have a New Weapon Just obtained to help with above, will post Pics when Camera battery recharges.

And here it is,,,

MideaPortableAircon.jpg

Midea Portable Air Conditioner 3.6KW Reverse cycle,,
That should definitely (hopefully) help us out with the Heat Wave we have been having lately of 40-47C days that were just unbearable even with PC's turned off.

Back