• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uhhh... guys... TEAM 32 HAS INCOMMING!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why not save face and do it BEFORE the 4th? Why even let us past you in the first place? BRING IT!!!!

I want to let you taste 3rd place for a few moments before we blow you our of the water...

Actually... i'm not quite ready to go live... The amount of work that has been involved to pull this stuff off is substantial...
I've been putting in 3-6 hours a day getting everything going for the last week, my machine has only been running at 50% cpu usage because it somehow became unstable and i've not had time to look into it.

Last edited:
I want to let you taste 3rd place for a few moments before we blow you our of the water...

Once again, diabolical! I LOVE IT! :thup:

So, who did you bribe to bail you out this time?

This time? When have you passed T32 before? Oh wait a minute, I know. How about never?! :p :screwy:

Incompetence.jpg

Ya know, it's funny how when we encroach people like you show up Mac.

Wanna know something else that's funny? We've never had anything like that happen to us....oh, yeah, that's right. Haven't had any threats. I kinda like being on the offensive.

Ya know, it's funny how when we encroach people like you show up Mac.

Wanna know something else that's funny? We've never had anything like that happen to us....oh, yeah, that's right. Haven't had any threats. I kinda like being on the offensive.

Interesting you should say that. 24 plus pages and I do believe this is the first time you've posted in this thread. Heck, make that even on your own forum threads that I've been responding for weeks. *zing* Don't be modest. You're always offensive. Try soap. It really DOES clean as advertised. :p

Huh. You must not know how to read. I'm over at MaxPC all the time. Just because I'm not in the Folding thread that much doesn't mean I'm not there. You should check the rest of the forum out sometime, you'll see me there more than you like.

Besides, I like being offensive. It's the first and foremost job of being a monkey. I had figured that someone with your knowledge would know that. Or perhaps you flunked Kindergarten?

I've been over here before. In the 5 million point warning thread. Or perhaps you haven't read that one? Was that made before you came back over here and you missed it?

Mac and Big (really tempted to call you guys BigMac :D), You guys are crossing the line into personal attacks.

I personally do enjoy a bit of smack talk but...

Calling people offensive and questioning each others intelligence HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOLDING.

I recommend you guys edit your posts before a mod comes around... CW823 already issued a final warning.

Last edited:
Mac and Big, You guys are crossing the line into personal attacks.

I personally do enjoy a bit of smack talk but...

Calling people offensive and questioning each others intelligence HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FOLDING.

I recommend you guys edit your posts before a mod comes around... CW823 already issued a final warning.

Afraid of jest a little bit? :confused:

It's more friendly jesting dude.

Editing posts won't solve much IMO.

Well, pooie. That's fine. We'll continue this elsewhere until you guys can loosen up a bit. Or is there a thread for smack talk? Yer gonna need one in a month for the CC, don't forget!

It is not about us loosening up a bit, these are simply the forum rules that have been in place for a very very long time. As I have stated before, the culture of our two forums is a bit different.

Personal attacks are not permitted on these forums, ever.

That is the rule of these forums, that's just how it is over here.

I personally have no problem with a little friendly jesting but not on these forums.

Yeah, we have that rule over at MPC too :beer:

But the rule bends a bit with the Chimp Challenge nearing and an overtake approaching. And we still allow smack talk at any point though ;)

MPC Rules said:
1. Don't be a jerk. Act with moderation and the moderators won't have to act. Don't use profanity in thread titles. Don't make posts that suck; which may include name calling, accusations, racist innuendos, thread hijacking, or digging up posts over 30 days old. Post-whoring is also forbidden.

Simply stated, your cops will let you get away with going 10mph over the speed limit whereas our cops will only let you get away with 1mph over.

Simply stated, your cops will let you get away with going 10mph over the speed limit whereas our cops will only let you get away with 1mph over.

I guess the mods here can't understand you need to have a little breathing room with the rules to have at least some sort of fun. In jest at least.

Anyone finds that offensive, just go ahead and ban me/delete my account, don't care anymore.

I will stick to the funner MPC.

I guess you could say we perfer Constructive Smacktalk...

some examples...

"You better get ready to get passed" - OK
"are you going to stop us or lay down and let us fly by?" - OK

"Ha ha your PPD is so weak" - Borderline

"you suck, your PPD is so weak" - NOT OK

"you suck" not even close to ok.

Negative comments towards an individual is borderline and can be considered unacceptable depending on context.

Insults towards someone is unacceptable especially when it has nothing to do with folding.

Last edited:
Get permission first... it looks bad for the project if you don't, amongst other things.

No worries. In reality I'm not doing anything secretively. The powers that be are aware. Just wanted to sound like a mad scientist. ;)

The clusters we have are mainly used for CFD code and most users are now on our newer systems. But that leaves two of the older ones mostly free (and when used, for debugging code before main runs on the newer rigs).

Returns will be sporadic, as the client is terminated on any nodes a user may need for a job. Afterwards, the client is started back up. But hey, every cycle counts, right?

Back