• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra Chilltec vs TRUE 120 extreme?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
updated with the 110CFM Scythe Slipstreams, dropped about 3-5 degrees more.
oc7.jpg

oc8.jpg

Chiltec good at first....but later...

I had a chiltec...the tec chip can only handle 50 watts, and gets fried if you overclock hot hot cpus (q6600, etc) My chiltec keeps my q6600 at 3.2ghz at 70c full load prime.....(after the tec chip burned out). It used to be like 58c full load. Go with the TRUE 120 extreme...You wont regret it..Its also cheaper and moves more air with the 12 cm fan.

What to buy... what to buy.

Windows 7 RC 64 bit
ASUS P6T (non deluxe-supports 775 socket fans)
i7 920
3x2Gb 1600 MHz Corasir
BFG 9600 GT
4x120mm fans for case

What fan on the CPU would get me 3.6 GHz OC?

I was thinking about picking up a TRUE and put arctic Silver 5. That should do it...but maybe overkill? Any recommendations would be great!

Anyone OC the 920? Was thinking BCLK at 200 and Multiplier at 18. Will I need Voltage changes? What to what?!

My chip is decent I guess... runs kinda hot with stock for my taste. Here are results of real temp:
(and yes I know all the turbo crap and speed boost stuff is on...i'll change it once I OC)

THANKS! :D

Attachments

• RealTemp.jpg
    RealTemp.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 903
u can disconnect the temp sensor and run the peltier via molex and ur chill tec will stand after its name.had a friend did this mod and his 1090t amd was ovr clk to 4ghz at 20 degress celcius 25 at load

u can disconnect the temp sensor and run the peltier via molex and ur chill tec will stand after its name.had a friend did this mod and his 1090t amd was ovr clk to 4ghz at 20 degress celcius 25 at load
Their issues are likely resolved since this thread is from mid-2009. It is good that you are using the search feature (seriously, not many do), but please mind the post dates so you don't bump an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back