• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Undervolting/Overclocking my amd athlon II p340 laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razroid

Hello everyone, im new here and I just wanna know if it is possible to undervolt or overclock my cpu? my main concern is undervolting so that my laptop does not turn into a pile of molten plastic.

thx :D

here's a pic of dxdiag
6o91J.png

Up front we don't deal with laptops to any extent since their bios nomrally does not have any menu options for changing the settings that allow for voltage changes to cpu or much of anything else for that matter. Most of these plain jane laptops like mine have little more than the ability to change hard drive booting order. What little other things I have found out about my particular brand of laptop has been in a brand specific forum.

They may know if AMD Overdrive software will work on your laptop. AOD is a software tool that has a goodly number of options for adjusting AMD voltages but the bios of the motherboard has to be more or less compatible with the AOD software. A forum that deals with AMD, Acer laptops regularly would have better insight into whether AOD software might work for you or not. Good luck to you.

Hi, thanks for replying, im sure AOD does not work, i tried it before, is it possible to use k10stat or something? can you give me a tutorial on how to use it?

I can g00gle how to use K10stat just as you should be able to do. The g00gle page of links is below. There seem to be many video tutorials shown thru g00gle. Better than writing for most people anyway.

how to use k10stat

Back