• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UNLOCKED ES P4 2.8 533FSB With HT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It might be me!
naughty.gif

C1 are ok, but the MO is still the best. The nice thing with the ES is the unlocked multiplier. You can get the FSB to the sweet spot and then dial in the multiplier. 1:1 RAM/FSB rules.

Of 8 that I had, the best one could go 3.5 stable on air. I recall stumbling across a few of these ES chips about this time last year on ebay and I heard that one of the buyers got 3.5GHz as well.

Yeah, selling and buying Engineering Sample CPU's is illegal. These chips remain the property of Intel. I'd stay clear.

really? I guess I wont be upping my bid then.

Is their any other way to obtain one legally?

AudiMan said:
I wonder what the multiplier ranges would be on that CPU.
If it's completely unlocked then your motherboard would be the item that determines the max & min multiplier.

Chaser said:
that would be so sweet to get, too bad its not 800 fsb
That's the great thing about unlocked chips - they don't really have a rated FSB. Set the multiplier at 14x and you've got an 800FSB 2.8C.

craig588 said:
really? I guess I wont be upping my bid then.

Is their any other way to obtain one legally?

Yes. You can only get one legally if Intel 'loans' it to you, requiring some sort of product tester status AFAIK.

I'm so glad someone outbid me on this one, it seems a little odd. (HT on a 2.8GHz 533MHz bus, just seems wrong)

I bought a 3.0GHz 800FSB HT ES chip instead.

I was able to get one for sale off a forum but you'd want to see a pic of the chip for sure...especially off ebay..

Back