• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unvail this password!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

in my MYSQL database i have a userpassword that i need to be able to log back in.
That is the password i guess in HEX?
does anybody know how to convert this into the word?
665c57b31ee79a7b72dd56d50b10df47

Are you sure the password isn't encrypted or that what's stored isn't just the md5sum of the password? Passwords aren't usually stored like that.

If it is just hex you can intreperet it using this:
http://www.lookuptables.com/
If I had to bet, I'd put my money on it being an md5sum of the password.

i found it in AppServ\mysql\data\nuke\nuke_authors.myd

no clue what file extention .myd stands for... :eek:

:( i need help bad!! I cant login to the phpmyadmin anymore. It just goes to a white screen...

It is a hashed password, most probably MD5. Anybody who can un-hash that again, has a high paying job at the NSA secure. All you can do is overwrite that password again in mysql and be done with.

Btw: .myd means "MYsql Database". logical huh?

It really looks like a MD5 hash, which is very common in PHP/MySQL apps..
if inserting your password doesn't work, you could MD5 hash your password and insert this value. Try google or make a small PHP script with something like this:

echo md5("your new password");

do you have access to the phpmyadmin config file(config.inc.php)? if so look in there under $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']

Just replace the password in the database with the MD5 hash of one you know and you should be able to log in with the new password, assuming MySQL doesnt implement some other form of hashing security.

Back