• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Up to $700 OFF any hdtv over $999- BB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
Why wait for BF? just do the following! haha..
Ripped from SD

Update 11/13- This week the two best deals are the Panasonic TH-42PZ77U 42" 1080p plasma on sale for $1299 and the Westinghouse 42" 1080P on sale for $989 (salesperson must agree to raise the price $10).

Sorry if some parts of this may be already posted. I checked and only found an old post about a dtv/xbox discount.
Thanks to fatwalletlurker for his great thread on this!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspa...e=category

Above is the link to the BB promo. It requires:

1) Ordering DTV for $300 off the hdtv

2) Getting an audio system of $499 or more for another $100 off the hdtv

3) Ordering installation for another $100 off the hdtv, and

4) Getting a blu-ray or hd dvd player for yet another $100 off.

Of course anyone getting this deal would plan on keeping the DTV and accessories when they purchase them but of course you can change your mind and return them and if so here is what happens:

You can immediately cancel the DTV order and keep the $300 off the hdtv, and many people have been able to return the player and audio system and cancel installation and keep the $100 off for each for those too. The LG hdtv's have an additional $100 off, making the total discount $700. Some Samsungs and Panasonics also have the extra $100 off. On the installation a promo code usually appears on the receipt so it's ymmv. .

Store people tell you that you must buy a DTV hd receiver for $99 but this is not true- let the DTV salesperson on the phone straighten them out on that.

Some people have also used the 10% off and actually gotten a $999 lg or samsung hdtv for $269 after returns.

No, this is not a sure thing except for the cancelable DTV $300. But it works easily for 99% of people. Customers have been doing this with the DTV $300 for months.

Anyone looking for a hdtv at BB should certainly do the DTV deal and cancel for the $300.
Whether to get the other $100 off for the audio, installation, or player depends on whether the receipt is written so you lose your whole discount if there's a partial return. So far only one out of hundreds reporting doing the deal on the other site has gotten a receipt showing the $100 coming off separately for each item so that was a mistake.

My BB let me return/repurchase a Toshiba a2 hd dvd I got last friday for $99 for the $100 off the hdtv. No promo package code showed.

I purchased a $500 surround system which I returned next day but the $100 discount on the hdtv stayed.

I canceled the DTV service next morning and the $300 off stayed.

For installation I chose "programming a harmony remote" for $150 and the csr laughed and said "they should be ashamed" when she took this off.

I couldn't use the 10% off but some may be able to- very ymmv.

I purchased an open box Westy 47w1 that had been marked down from $1199 to $899- they raised the price back to list so I could get the hd deal and gave me $300 gift card which they applied to the purchase. The deal is not supposed to be for open box or certain special deals.

In the end I got a Westinghouse 47w1 1080p floor model which was reduced already to $999 for $299 plus tax minus the 4% rewards rebate I'll get.

Some Tips I've Learned and posted at FW earlier:

1. The DTV cancellation is sooooo easy. Goes without a hitch. Many simply hang up on DTV after the salesperson hands them the phone. The salesperson has the DTV promo sku and just has to enter it without any verification.

2.Many salespeople tell you that you must purchase a DTV receiver for $99. You do not have to- DTV provides new custome rs a receiver for free and if neccessary have a DTV rep talk to the salesperson and explain this. Otherwise if you buy one you may have to ebay it for $99.

3. Leave the tv for pickup or delivery. This way you can make sure the return deal works first.

4. Most $499 audio setups are a PAIN because they are so big and heavy to carry. Go for the Klipsch Qunitet II which is small and easy to tote! It's just speakers but qualifies.

5. Get the installation called "Programming a Harmony Remote" for $150. Tell them you already have a Harmony to be programmed. CSR's get a chuckle out of this one when returning. Just say your friend programmed your remote for you. (You'll have an installation slip from the salesperson).

6. If you want an item that is open box they can raise it back to full price and give you a gift card for the discount and apply it to the purchase. This is not BB kosher but been done a lot.

7. Do returns asap. Sooo many are doing this deal. If BB doesn't stop it they'll run out of hdtv's!

8. If you have trouble with a return of an accessory exchange it instead. This way you get a clean new receipt.

9. Stay calm- if it doesn't work you're out nothing but time.

For encounters with challenged salespeople you may want to help them by supplying the sku's for the promos.

The sku for the BB $300 off HD Advantage is Package 101839

The sku for the DTV $300 promo is 8309109

again the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat121500050012&type=category

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat121500050012&type=category

According to Best Buy's return policy, this is legit (also attached in pdf).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1043363607164&id=cat12098
Bundle Purchases
You may return bundle purchases in accordance with our standard Return Policy. If you
are unsatisfied with an individual item you purchased as part of a bundle package, you
may return that item separately.
Note: In some cases, a bundle discount has been applied to each item. You will be
refunded the discounted price, which may differ from the price if you purchased it
individually. To review the amount you will be refunded for each individual item within
the bundle, visit the My Account page after you submit your order.

Note that the discount applies to the TV only, not the other items. Therefore the other items are refunded at full price.

May also consider:
42" Westinghouse LCD TV 1080P - $989 (May be price adjusted to $999 by sales and receive $610 instead of $600)
42" Panasonic Plasma 1080P - $1299
42" LG LCD TV 1080P - $1399
For installation, you may choose the "single component install" this is $100 but it also qualifies for the $100 discount off the TV. Schedule the install for a week in advance so you have time to cancel the installation.

When direct TV asks for your SSN to run a credit report, just tell them to run the credit report on your address.

Please post here location/state where it worked and the date (so we can see if it still works) or did not work so that
other people can benefit then.

central NJ - No
Palmdale CA - Yes
Palm Beach, FL - Yes
Costa Mesa CA no go.. :[
Tustin CA Success
Tampa - Citrus - No
Raleigh NC-Yes
Industry, Fullerton, and Cerritos - success
fayetteville nc -success at BB
aberdeen nc - return success at bb
Murray, Utah (success)
Mayfield Hts, Ohio - Yes
Orlando - Yes
NYC (bought at Chelsea, HDDVD and Klipsch Returned to NoHo) - Yes (TV to be delivered Sunday)

This post can be edited by most users to provide up-to-date information about developments of this thread based on user responses, and user findings. Feel free to add, change or remove information shown here as it becomes available. This includes new coupons, rebates, ideas, thread summary, and similar items.

COLOR CALIBRATION TIP:
For those of you who have an HDTV setup, I highly recommend doing a color calibration. It requires a computer to be attached to the HDTV.
Once attached, using the maximum resolution of the HDTV, load up the image from:
***This image is VERY LARGE
Color calibration image
Once loaded, adjust the color settings on your HDTV so that all the black and white shades can be seen. Also, your HDTV may have additional settings for skin tone and color temperature settings. Use the reference photos for preview / adjusting.
Once adjusted accordingly, your HDTV should produce a better color range!

Don't forget to check the ads for all items that you keep or Ebay. We were told that you have 60 days to bring your receipt back for price matching on all upcoming sales during the holidays & that all electronics would be going on sale between Nov - January.

Too much unwanted stuff + too many returnable items left to manager's discretion = no thanks :(

The $989 42" Westinghouse is a sweet deal though.

Too much unwanted stuff + too many returnable items left to manager's discretion = no thanks :(

The $989 42" Westinghouse is a sweet deal though.

over $700 in stuff you have to return=no way.
If it was MIR's or one item i might have tried it...
depends on how much your local BB likes you i guess.

Its a good deal and it works (huge thread on Fatwallet regarding this) but there are just too many variables and too much time required to make this deal worth wile (for me).

i would rather wait till BF and just wait in line.

IMO, this is people scamming Best Buy. It is unethical, deplorable behavior. It's one thing to buy all those things with the honest intention of keeping them. But planning to return them just to "score" a cheap TV is beyond pathetic.

When deals like this stop popping up, we know who to blame.

This is just scamming the retailer, and it's why retailers decide to not offer discounts and treat customers like potential scammers and opportunistic fools. The fact that the scheme originated on SD says it all.

I'm sure there are plenty of neck-bearded fools yelling at BB managers right now about their "rights as customers" and "federal consumer protection laws."

I've got no love for BB, and I love a great deal, but this is ridiculous.

i'm all about great deals and if they advertise them that way, then sure. this is tricking BB to giving you a great tv at way under cost though.

the only reason it works is cause the savings apparently aren't linked to the purchase of the other items in the registers. that's a costly glitch on their side.

when i worked at sears, there was lots of stuff the registers would let us do but it was basically stealing. i wouldn't be surprised if the people that ring this up get fired.

sorry, i wasn't going to rant. this really isn't right though.

Ok, I have a nice big question for you: Is this deal worth it on the larger, more expensive televisions?

In particular, I'm looking at the $3200 Mitsubishi 73" DLP. It's on sale now for $3000. After doing all this work, the price drops down to $2400. Is it worth it?

This is just scamming the retailer, and it's why retailers decide to not offer discounts and treat customers like potential scammers and opportunistic fools. The fact that the scheme originated on SD says it all.

I'm sure there are plenty of neck-bearded fools yelling at BB managers right now about their "rights as customers" and "federal consumer protection laws."

I've got no love for BB, and I love a great deal, but this is ridiculous.

Agreed. Same kind of people you see holding up lines forever at these places.

I am 100% behind you on this one. If we didn't get opportunistic fools trying to use these tactics in retail stores then the retail stores would offer better prices and service to customers.

There is a big difference between a good deal and getting something far under cost. Because people try to and succeed at these tactics retails have to compensate by either eliminating these promotions or jacking up prices. This hurts the other 99% of people who would legitamently use these services.

I'd feel so guilty doing this... not saying I never would, but IF I did (don't plan to), I'd feel very uncomfortable.

This is a test of one's character. Some can and will, some won't... to each his own.

I'd feel so guilty doing this... not saying I never would, but IF I did (don't plan to), I'd feel very uncomfortable.

This is a test of one's character. Some can and will, some won't... to each his own.

yeah i havent dont it yet...having those thoughts, i mean id love to score a sweet deal, but idk if i really want to rip off BB

yeah i havent dont it yet...having those thoughts, i mean id love to score a sweet deal, but idk if i really want to rip off BB

and if you (or anyone else) do it, don't post it... for your own sake, and to keep the flames away. :mad::mad:

how's your 42" westy doing that you bought a while back anyway? i got me the 37" and it's pretty sweet.

good news, ppl @ fatwallet are gettin $60 chargebacks
but my westy is doing great, its a 47" ;)
hows your westy doin? :D

Back