• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updated hardware - won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sethray

Hi I Just build my first gaming rig .
powers supplie 750
Antec water cooling kuhler h20 920
MSI military class 11 990FXA-GD80
AMD FX
gigabyte true gaming real graphics.

And I have a problem . first of all I had a heat issue . the I updated all hardware all was fine till I had issues with windows 7 Ultimate.. I done an update on the bios . this was suppose to fix the issues . the bios update says it was complete and I restarted pc . one beep no picture no way of getting into bios . Now I have no video and cant get back into bios settings . my rig is only 3 months old . power comes on and error 31 comes up I have replaced ram and video card still no pic graphic card has power led on ram on . but no pic .any help out there would be the helpfull . anyway of rolling back a bios without a save silly I know ..

16GB RAM
2TB HARDDRIVE

txus.palacios
How long do I leave the CMOS in jumper clear postion for while battery is out and power cable is disconnected. ??? any idea . and is this a reinstall of all software Os drivers motherboard ??? hope so

THE BIOS SETTING FOR HARDWARE MUST BE THE SAME IN THE NEW BIOS AS THE OLD ONE.IF ITS NOT, THERE IS A BSOD CRASH.
IF YOUR OLD BIOS WAS SET TO IDE THEN THE NEW ONE MUST]
BE SET TO IDE, ETC.
HANS KAEHLER

P.S. MANY INPUTS SUGGESTED REGISTRY ERRORS, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

I also vote on CMOS reset as well...hopefully you didnt bork the bios. Does that board have two bios? If so, use the other one (may want to read your manual to see, I am not familiar with that MSI AMD board.

THE BIOS SETTING FOR HARDWARE MUST BE THE SAME IN THE NEW BIOS AS THE OLD ONE.IF ITS NOT, THERE IS A BSOD CRASH.
IF YOUR OLD BIOS WAS SET TO IDE THEN THE NEW ONE MUST]
BE SET TO IDE, ETC.
HANS KAEHLER

P.S. MANY INPUTS SUGGESTED REGISTRY ERRORS, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
No need to "SHOUT". :thup:

Good thinking, however, He cant get in to the bios to set anything in the first place.

Back