• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

updated pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope I can get my freinds computer that I'll be building some time in the next few months(hopefully, it all depends if his dad insists on having his work do another crappy job) can look that clean wireing wise. Hopefully the tubing will be better though.
It won't have much of a budget so i'm pulling out most the stops. Whats really funny is this kid's mom is known for being nuts w/ buying stuff. Was at her house once and she was buying a school book for him, and figured she'd by me one too. Well, She just might do the same for the computer parts. But hey, I won't complain about a dual core (either X2 or something like a opty 175) dual 7800GTX 512 system. :rolleyes:

citronym: I actually was going to, and disconnecting it and removing just that cable takes only a minute. The only thing is I don't have the heatshrink for it. I have the loom, but not the shrink.

Wall7486: dunno. I figure the processors will lose stability long before overheating becomes a problem. These LV xeons are quite cool.

sunrunner20: How would you run the tubing? The bends get pretty tight between the blocks. If you can think of something better, let me know. I'm also planning on adding another rad to the rear fan, if you can try and fit that one in ;)

Taking a look in my case:
Rear pump to nb top
nb bottem to vrm top
vrm bottem to bip2 insite (farthest from us)
bip2 outside to cpu-top inlet
cpu-top outlet to cpu-bottom inlet
cpu-bottom outlet (positioned to the opposite corener) top bip x-flow inlet
x-flow outlet to gpu
gpu to front pump

It looks good in my head.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing wiring job. The rig looks good. One question though with the hard drives. DO you have any fans cooling them? Reason I'm asking is I have the same case and I was wondering how the hard drives would be with no air blowing on them.

I just realized the sata cables are sticking out... GARR

The hard drives are zip tied together, with a thick mousepad inbetween them. They are then suspended in the case with more zip ties. They sit about 1.5" below the radiator under the frontmost 120mm fan on top... It's wierd to explain. Basically the rad and fans suck up air around them keeping them cool.

Damn, that is nice. I wish I had organization skills. I'll kind of be forced to clean mine up though since I have 3 lights to put in my case, although I may just buy a new case altogether.

pwnt by pat said:
sunrunner20: How would you run the tubing? The bends get pretty tight between the blocks. If you can think of something better, let me know. I'm also planning on adding another rad to the rear fan, if you can try and fit that one in ;)
It looks good in my head.

Looks nice, but theres soo much of it. :) Freinds comp wont have WC on NB/VRM so there will be a few less connections/curves to make. Although, you don't have SLI to deal with in that system( :drool: ) I'll probally end up just spending $250 for the danger den block set or something.

Yeah... I felt I needed to since I'm only using low airflow fans for silence. If the VRMS get 60+c with aircooling, what will they do without? I didn't want to find out. Also, the chipset because when it gets down to it, I want to push 2v through the northbridge.

sunrunner20 said:
Looks nice, but theres soo much of it. :) Freinds comp wont have WC on NB/VRM so there will be a few less connections/curves to make. Although, you don't have SLI to deal with in that system( :drool: ) I'll probally end up just spending $250 for the danger den block set or something.

Well for all the components he has in there, I'd say that he did a really good job of keeping the tubing to a minimum; I dont see any excess anywhere? :shrug:

Anyway, awesome job! Looks really really good. I am also OCD about wiring myself. I replaced all the wiring for all my fans and acessories with black speaker wire and ran it so it can't be seen. It was a lot a soldering/heatshrinking/cutting and measuring but I have the peace of mind that I you can't see my wires :p

Back