• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UpGrade Complete! Many Pictures (Fast connection only)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ls7corvete said:
Please re-do the tubbing for me. The flow in that loop is painful to look at....

I am guessing you mean my improvised dual BIX's with the 90 degree bends (this was long before the BIX2's and larger) I have been meaning to get a BIX2 to replace this dated design but have not gotten around to it. Ill tell you what though, if you take a look at my temps you will see they are better them many in here get even with my hard overclocked CPU and 9800xt in the loop. All you people with your 1/2" jugular lines, badass pumps and full towers what did you gain on me 1-2 degrees? ...ls7corvete Lets see some pix of your “tubbing”

::EDIT:: Also, if you think about it my internal radiator flow rate is probably higher then a fully ½” system with the same pump due to the lower back end pressure (2 3/8” lines split = or 2/3” usable inner diameter). In my mind the ½” reduction to 3/8” right before the block would create a higher static pressure, possibly making up for some of the efficiency lost due to the decreased flow…. Just some thoughts

Last edited:
http://gallery.pimprig.com/showphoto.php?photo=3751&sort=1&cat=1&page=4

Temperatures are not comparable, the devices that we use to measure them are not good enough to be able to compare systems. Besides that, this is about improving your system.

You do have high flow from running in parralell but you have no where near twice the flow that would be needed to show an improvement in your temperatures. Also, balancing the flow between the CPU and GPU can be problematic, the CPU is most likley more resrictive than the GPU and theirfore the GPU will be getting more of the flow. What should be done is run the radiators in parralell and run the blocks in series, maximizing flow through the blocks and minimizing resistance through the rads. A BIX2 is not nessacary, use your two.

The reduction to 3/8 will increase water velocity but lower the static pressure. Put the connecter on the inlet of your pump(1/2" or larger going to pump) to remove the resistance on the intake of the pump and allow it to pump most efficently, centrifugal pumps work best this way.

Agreed, our temps are not comparable as we have totally different systems. However I was comparing my temps to temps I have seen of similar setups back when this system was constructed. Many people wound up with Ambient:CPU temp ratios quite higher then this system, even with the chipset and GPU being included in my setup. I see by your ideas you are not used to working with confined spaces such as my lian-li midtower. I can also conclude by your image gallery, and suggestions that you are a “looks do not matter as long as I get that extra degree Fahrenheit shaved off my temp” kind of guy. Your proposed upgrade to my system. In my case form matter as much as functionality.

You do not have the right picture of my flow pattern… It goes like this: Pump>1/2”rad in>1/2” rad out> SPLIT

Pipe 1 3/8” to CPU > GPU> Merge to back to ½” > Pump Inlet
Pipe 2 3/8” to chipset> to flow meter/sensor (highly restrictive, forcing MUCH more flow to the gpu and GPU > Merge to back to ½” > Pump Inlet

At this very moment my ambient temp is 29C CPU 31.7 GPU 32.4C Chipset 33.6C The temps suggest that the chipset is indeed getting far less flow the 3/8” pipe feeding the CPU and GPU. These numbers the numbers confirm this specific loop is indeed functioning as I intended.

Your proposed idea of running my rads in parallel with all 3 of my block in series with 3/8 tubing, in addition to a flow meter / sensor would be a plumbing nightmare, as well as water flow suicide.

That case is Matx, I am very used to small spaces. ;)

You lose alot in your setup, if its all for looks then that is fine but I think you can get a very nice looking setup putting your blocks inline, thought out well it will be less tubbing in the end. What it comes down to is the flow meter, you either choose to keep it and not care about temps or get rid of it and open yourself up to a better setup.

Again dont trust the temperature numbers, not between the same mobo brands, not even on the same mobo. I question your temps for cpu/gpu/chipset, I agree about the flow and everything but I dont trust those readings.

What you have to think is this system is a year old, you should have enough experience to set this up in a much nicer fashion. I understand the astetics and I am also sure with a little thought you can get everything out of the system that you want.

Those temps are not from some gay MB diodes who the hell would trust those temps? There are from separate diodes thermal epoxied with in .5 cm from the core read by my digidoc LCD on the front panel. A close friend of mine got a laser temperature reader last Christmas which I was able to point at the rear side of the gpu pcb and got a reading of -1.x C LESS then what the digidoc read (surely due to the insulation properties on the PCB itself) The flow meter is a safety precaution, should flow stop, my system shuts down immediately… I choose to keep it, and my temps.

Question my temps all you with rats nest boy, I will take pics of the digidoc readout, as well as the case internal LCD monitor for ambient reference. I find it to be more likely that you are up in arms that you abomination of a rig, with its super short, fat tubes, and ultra flowrate lacks the margin of improvement you would have expected over my system. I chose my config / temps over your eyesore any day of the week.

Here are pictures of my Sister-Rig
r3con.jpg

r3con2.jpg

It actually gets a better temps by 1-2c then mine does (I suspect because i built this one with a BIX2) Go figure...

...Btw I am sure your chipset and GPU appreciate that nice hot air from the heater core (if they can even get any through that mess)… that crap is damn near a fire hazard. Sorry but I have to post a pic for those that are to lazy to click your link.

5450DCP_0899-med.JPG

Last edited:
Question my temps all you with rats nest boy, I will take pics of the digidoc readout, as well as the case internal LCD monitor for ambient reference. I find it to be more likely that you are up in arms that you abomination of a rig, with its super short, fat tubes, and ultra flowrate lacks the margin of improvement you would have expected over my system. I chose my config / temps over your eyesore any day of the week.

Harsh. I think ls7corvete was only trying to help, if you post your rig you should expect and welcome suggestions.

fzepnts said:
Harsh. I think ls7corvete was only trying to help, if you post your rig you should expect and welcome suggestions.

I am not the kind of person to flame, but if he were truly trying to “help” he might want to pay attention. First he proposed a “solution” under the assumption my system setup in a way it was not! Second, he outright questions my temps… WTF, this is someone with a chip on their shoulder. “you either choose to keep it and not care about temps or get rid of it and open yourself up to a better setup” I have been water cooling since we had no choice but to make our own blocks... far to long to be questioned by a lazy n00b.

I have opened the pic to his computer TWICE and showed it to a few friends with W/C rigs currently online, and I have literally “laughed out loud” Perhaps one day I will “open myself up to a better setup” possibly even one on par with the elite creations of ls7corvete! I stand by my previous post.

In yur own words over at pimprig:

ls7corvete

Tech Hoe Newbie

Tue October 19, 2004 7:20pm

"such low rattings, cry"

Last edited:
c'mon! be nice!

btw nice work w/ the water cooling system oRIDDLERo! i like it! =D

Well now that I have some time to type....

Obviously I have offended you and I do apologize for that. I was just trying to show you a new way of doing things that you might like to try. I know I couldnt go a year without messing with my setup. You took much of what I said wrong but I dont see a need to go through and point anthing out.

You do have a nice setup and running for a year is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

Anyways, I am done sence my input has not gone over so well.

:beer:

Back