• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade from Intel 2550K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, I would have went with more cores and threads if you're asking it to last that long...but, you made it with a quad core for this long so.... maybe you'll be OK?

...though you'll likely need a RAM upgrade as 16GB is about the sweet spot today. I can come damn close with just running a game and leaving a dozen Chrome tabs up...32GB is where I would have started, personally. At least that way you wouldn't have to think about it for a couple/few years...versus now 16GB could be a limiting factor MUCH sooner than later depending on how you use your PC.

I assume you aren't playing any games so the iGPU will be fine. :)

(sorry, I see that advice is late.. :( )

Last edited:
:sly: DID you mean an i5-12600k..If you where going to stay with the GTX-460 I would have gone with a AMD 5600G.. It would have been the same build other than the cpu/mb. Nice pick of parts for a mid-budget build :) :thup:
I know what you mean on the GPU market :-( AN MSRP of <$350 = $900:nono:

Back