• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blingo

I have a Amd fx 8320 , is it possible to upgrade the processor or do I have to buy a whole new motherboard?
And if I can upgrade it, what is the best I can upgrade it to?

no up grades for that socket.
intel or ryzen are where you will be going.

I really want the ryzen but I have to get a whole new Motherboard? I have the NXT 410 case , any ideas? I always have trouble with sizes when it comes to building a pc

Yes.. new mobo, cpu, amd ram are required. You may need a newheatsink or brackets for it...what do you have?

Cases will tell you what size motherboards they hold. Check on its website (the nzxt 410 will fit a full size atx motherboard). :)

Motherboard specs page tell you what size they are too. Typically a full s8ze case will fit ATX and mATX sized boards.

What is your Budget ?
What are your goals for this system .
Games (rez) / production work ?

We can help you better with this info .

yea, tell us what you might spend, what is in your rig, how old the stuff is and what you want to do with it.

Honestly guys I may just upgrade the GPU for now. Didn't think I had to start completely fresh If I wanted to upgrade the CPU. I feel like 4 years ago I can run anything at full settings but now it not terrible but I dont get that full 60fps fluently with max setttings.
I just want to be able to do that.

Does overclocking cause overheating? Also, what is the top AMD GPU right now ?

vega is tops in amd, it's new.
what cooler are you using on the 8350 now?
what motherboard, the 8350 will game just fine, we can help you with that.

I have like 6 fans crossair fans. My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-970a-ud3

Back