• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Upgrade to a H100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Proxish

Hey,

Just wanted to check in with you guys that this was a good buy.
I found a H100 Refurbished going for £45 and two SP-120 Quiet for £20.
(It's either pay £50 for the H100 and postage, or £65 for the H100 and two SP-120 fans, free postage over £50)

From what I've found about the place for temperatures, etc, it seems to be a good one and would outperform my current cooler by 10c.
Just a case of making sure this is a good purchace with you guys.

Thanks for anyone who helps out.

Refurb H100? No thanks.

Most likely only has a 90-day warranty.

No way would I do it with a 90-day warranty. If the pump stops at day 91, you're out of luck.

You can get an NH-D14 for that price, which won't have the chance of pump issues or the chance of leaks.

Ok, thank you for steering me clear of that mistake.

I have high profile ram, so I'd have to move it over for the NH-D14 to fit, and I don't know if that would reduce their effectiveness.

What about the Cooler Master Seidon 240M? It's comes in at £75, a bit more than I wanted to spend, but I think it comes in cooler than the NH-D14.

Actually, it's ok, I'll stick with what I've got, and just make the leap to water cooling when I have the money.

The XSPC RayStorm 750 EX240 is going for £120, may as well just save for that.
Thank you all for your help though.

You have an AIO cooler now. The only upgrade path on that line is custom.

That's what happened to me.

Better fans or a delid seems to be the cheapest way forward.

edit ninja'd by Proxish:sn:

You have an AIO cooler now. The only upgrade path on that line is custom.

That's what happened to me.

Better fans or a delid seems to be the cheapest way forward.

edit ninja'd by Proxish:sn:

I was actually talking to someone earlier about de-lidding, far too scary for my liking... I've seen some horror storied and don't think it's something I would want to do.

I may buy a new fan for it though, the current fan is slightly better than **** lol.

Actually, it's ok, I'll stick with what I've got, and just make the leap to water cooling when I have the money.

The XSPC RayStorm 750 EX240 is going for £120, may as well just save for that.
Thank you all for your help though.

I made the mistake of buying a refurbed h60 from new egg. Worked great for about 4 months then temps slowly started to rise.....reapplied thermal paste and still had the same problem. ended up ripping it off and installing an xspc raystorm ex240 kit. couldnt be happier. temps MAX at 54-59 (3570k @ 4.1) depending what program your looking at while running intelburn at highest stress rate.

I made the mistake of buying a refurbed h60 from new egg. Worked great for about 4 months then temps slowly started to rise.....reapplied thermal paste and still had the same problem. ended up ripping it off and installing an xspc raystorm ex240 kit. couldnt be happier. temps MAX at 54-59 (3570k @ 4.1) depending what program your looking at while running intelburn at highest stress rate.

Thanks, I almost back tracked and bought the H100 anyway because it was such a good deal.

I have a question though, you said your max temps are 54c-59c.
I have the same temps with my current cooler at 4.5GHz, why are your temps so high?
Also, I thought the max operating temperature for the XSPC 240 was 50c, at least that's what I read the other day when checking out the specifications.

Thanks, I almost back tracked and bought the H100 anyway because it was such a good deal.

I have a question though, you said your max temps are 54c-59c.
I have the same temps with my current cooler at 4.5GHz, why are your temps so high?
Also, I thought the max operating temperature for the XSPC 240 was 50c, at least that's what I read the other day when checking out the specifications.

Well for starters I keep my pc in the loft which during this time of the year it gets rather warm up here when the heat first goes on. If i had to give you an average run temp at load on a stress test I would say right around 42-48 degrees @4.1-4.2 pending on the program giving reads. When I say max 54-59 thats the highest I have seen it spike during the last 2 and a half weeks of tinkering and thats also on CPUID which for some reason has been giving me significantly higher readings then AIsuite and coretemp. (in the 3-5 degree range). I should have been more clear in the last post, sry

Well for starters I keep my pc in the loft which during this time of the year it gets rather warm up here when the heat first goes on. If i had to give you an average run temp at load on a stress test I would say right around 42-48 degrees @4.1-4.2 pending on the program giving reads. When I say max 54-59 thats the highest I have seen it spike during the last 2 and a half weeks of tinkering and thats also on CPUID which for some reason has been giving me significantly higher readings then AIsuite and coretemp. (in the 3-5 degree range). I should have been more clear in the last post, sry

Ah ok, thanks for all the info.
I'll most likely end up getting an XSPC some point in the future then.

Back