• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade to Ryzen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

Hi again guys. As title says I want to do Ryzen upgrade on low as possible budget don't be surprised by prices. I would like at least r3 1300x with high speed
8gb ram. Now I have looked for mobo ram and chip itself and turned out with 376$ US. Its in screen shot what I picked please fell free if I have picked anything wrong. Also do you suggest getting anything else besides maybe SSD, I want to change fx due the fact it have brain farts at times. I picked said ram becouse of the pricing is stupidly high on low speed ones this ram is only few $ more than 2400 and 2133. Tnx
Capture.PNG

Just a warning about the ram. It's most likely Hynix "A" die which really doesn't play well with the Ryzen platform. It'll probably work but you might not get it up to speed and stable

I agree with Johan45. If you can't afford Samsung B die high speed ram then just get 2400 with the best price. And you realize don't you that the R3 series doesn't have hyper threading but that probably won't make much difference on most current games if gaming is your main goal. They are competing with the Intel i3 line and probably perform on a par somewhere between an i3 AND an i5. But it should be an improvement over your FX-6300 for sure in games that rely heavily on the CPU. And the stock cooler should be adequate for overclocking.

Last edited:
Idk anything about RAM dies I just know that some work fine some don't. Also whats max ram speed with said chip. Is this one any good? Capturea.PNG

Or to go with this one its nice chunk cheaper but slower Capture.PNG

Last edited:
The GSkill Trident Z and Flare X series RAM I think are currently the best bets for getting Ryzen to work at high memory frequencies (above 2666).

Way too expensive for me. I don't think I would go more than that vengeance kit in price

Like I said that original kit will work and won't be much different than any other 2x4 GB kit. They may or may not run at XMP that's all.
typical configurations
2x4 GB Hynix "A" iffy functionality with Ryzen
2x8 most affordable is Hynix "M" Works better than "A" but still some compatibility problems at higher speeds
2x8 3200 CL14 or above 3600 is Samsung "B" for Ryzen this works the best with best performance

In the end get what you can afford it should still run and the performance difference isn't that big that you won't be able to game

Alright tnx on effort I will get generic one thats 2400 most likely

Edit: Is that motherboard any good? I forgot to ask

Last edited:
Unless you need mATX I would really put a few more dollars into a little better mb. Something like the ASRock AB350 Pro4 would be a HUGE step up. Even if it meant dropping down to a 1200. You can easily OC either chip to 3.6-3.8 anyway. As for RAM, pretty sure the Corsair will hit 2933 but not sure its worth the extra cost in this build unless your getting a better MB also. Would get the cheapest 3000 and see if you get lucky.

Unless you need mATX I would really put a few more dollars into a little better mb. Something like the ASRock AB350 Pro4 would be a HUGE step up. Even if it meant dropping down to a 1200. You can easily OC either chip to 3.6-3.8 anyway. As for RAM, pretty sure the Corsair will hit 2933 but not sure its worth the extra cost in this build unless your getting a better MB also. Would get the cheapest 3000 and see if you get lucky.

I agree with going with the Pro4. I put it in my wife's computer and was able to overclock the Ryzen 5 1600 to 3800+ with no problem. It has behaved flawlessly for her. Great bargain.

I agree with going with the Pro4. I put it in my wife's computer and was able to overclock the Ryzen 5 1600 to 3800+ with no problem. It has behaved flawlessly for her. Great bargain.

Another thumbs up for the ASRock AB350 Pro4. :thup:

Mine was rock stable with a Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9 GHz under air. The only issue I had was running my DDR4-3000 on spec - it was limited to 2666. But there have been new BIOS updates with later AGESA code so that might have been resolved. The mATX version was also fine running a Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4 GHz under water cooling.

I was looking for good full atx board anyway this case is cramped as it is especially when you put matx board into it. Tnx on suggestion guys it costs little over 100$ here. I will definitely look into it.

mATX is smaller than full ATX by defininition. the "m" in mATX stands for "micro."

..... I know that but position of cpu socket is different then on regular ATX board. Far as I can tell cooler had less space on top and on the left side before I changed to full ATX

Okay, I see what you mean now. Honestly, the top down cooler that comes boxed with the CPU will likely give you sufficient cooling even for overclocking. The Ryzen CPUs seemed to be overclock limited not by a temp wall but by a voltage wall. And the stock cooler will do a better job of cooling the VRM as well. So I wouldn't fixate on installing the Hyper 212 evo if I were you. There should be plenty of room in the case interior for the stock cooler.

Last edited:
Far as I could see stock is far better then on last gen AMD cpus, plus it isn't large at all which is large + by me. I don't think I will be installing 212 evo on it, I will just leave it to another build

Back