• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded CPU, now my computer is burning alive.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Check this compared to the X370-a look at the power section and heatsinks. I realize you're getting the six core but to me the MSI has the beefier power section so it'll typically run cooler https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X370-Mot...313&sr=1-1&keywords=msi+x370+gaming+plus&th=1
I don't look for lights etc... I'm a heavy clocker so I look for performance. Whether you buy from newegg or not it gives a lot more detail on the motherboard. Easier to tell if it's going to have everything you want.

Ya I don't need anything fancy with lights either. I am not very familiar with AMD's, but price vs performance wise they seem to be pretty nice. My main concern is if the board is robust enough to handle "modest" overclocking. I just headed over to newegg and read through it, I don't see anything missing. Most of the things I want seem to be industry standard these days as well (6Gb / SATA for instance). The price is awesome, I assume the 850's are now being phased out?

Thanks for the help! Now I just need DDR4 memory... I was looking at something along the lines of this: http://a.co/fTWSSkC

I would settle on a motherboard first then check their compatibility list. Now this isn't always the most accurate but should help you along. Those sticks will most likely work but may be difficult to get rated speed that's why checking the list is a good idea. What board were you looking at getting ? I can check or show you where to check

I was going to go with your suggestion https://www.amazon.com/MSI-X370-Moth...ng+plus&th=1 , unless you have something else in mind. I wish I could afford more than 8GB (I had 12GB DDR3), but I am sure it will be OK for now. I am pretty much just buying what you tell me, lol.

I am still going to use my old EVGA GTX 980, Samsung 850 PRO and Corsair CS 750M. I also plan on switching to water cooling in the future, but for now I can either use the stock fan or the Cooler Master Hyper 212. I am not sure if that will be better than the stock one or not.

So anyhow, I just need a pro to say "buy X,Y,Z" so it puts me in the best position with my budget. =) Thanks again!

That memory is not on the list but "should" work best I can find is that it's Samsung "S" IC and there appear to be other Corsair with the same revision on the list.

So the ram I linked has the same revision as ones that are listed as compatible? (if I am understanding it correctly) Is there a set that you would go with just to make sure?

Yeah but it's not in your price range.
But your understanding is correct. If their revisions are consistent which they should be that IC is on the list in other kits just not the 3000MHz kit. I would take a chance on them

Sorry it's version that you want which is 4.23 IIRC

Back