• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgraded ram now problems with pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

I upgraded from 4gb to 8gb with the specs in my sig. Bought 2x4gb sticks at 1866 g skill areas which my mb only supports up to 1600mhz so I manually set the speed and timings in the bios. Seems to work good only every time I shut down the pc or it hibernates/sleeps it never comes out of it, I have to shut it down improperly like 20 times till I will work again. Keyboard mouse and montiors don't work. Got an error due to system overclocking and new hardware found and nothing changed besides the ram. Also am getting error hiberfil.sys status 0xc0000411.

I put back in the old ram and it seems to be fine but still took like 20 times of shutting it down wrong till it worked again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Nate

Return the non-qualified RAM and check the QVL for your MB, get qualified RAM.

Otherwise, buy a new MB +CPU that matches your RAM and install your 1866 into your new system.

Back