• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPGRADING MY RIG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got your point but the budget is limited, I got about 530USD stretched. I found a 6800 for 500 new. 4060Ti 16Gb are running 100USD more. I just want to see significant improvement over my 5700XT and lets say a solid framerate in Jedi Survivor. The 5700XT was solid in that game, running on Ultra/High but there were stutters and I felt like thats the edge of that card (i am aware of bad PC ports of the AAA games as of late)
Since I wont be upgrading my monitor just yet, 4k is not the goal right now. 60-144hz FHD/QHD is.

RTX 4060Ti is starting from around ~440 EUR on Amazon (German or any other EU that is shipping to other countries). Like here is GB Eagle, but only 8GB. 16GB versions are closer to 500 EUR, so it's not the best option for the price. RX 6800 XT will be much faster, but it's also an old card and is cheaper because it's on sale - read, it won't get support or driver improvements as long as newer GPUs. I actually sold the ASRock RX 6800 XT a month ago.
RX 7800 XT costs around ~550 EUR - like here is Sapphire Pulse. There are Gigabyte OC's for around 20 EUR more, but it can be too much above the budget.
If it was me, then I would stretch it some more and get RX 7800 XT, but it's not my money, and RX 6800 XT for flat ~500 EUR seems not a bad option too. RX 6800 XT runs games like Jedi Survivor pretty well (my brother was playing it on RX 6800 XT at 1440p), and it still seems like a much faster option than RTX 4060Ti.

Man, the peer pressure is real (in a good sense, I know you are trying to help :) )

Looking at the 6800 and 7800 XT the price is a bit higher but the improvement is better. The Nvidias are just too damn expensive.
I can choose from Asrock/Gigabyte/Sapphire, which manufacturer is the most reliable? I dont trust Gigabyte that much.

Last edited:
Asrock/Gigabyte/Sapphire, which manufacturer is the most reliable? I dont trust Gigabyte that much.
Any, even Gigabyte. The difference of rma rates, nobody knows outsode of their personal anecdotes. Any kf thise brands have a similar chance of failure, really. :)

Sorry, that's not terribly helpful...maybe... lol. Look at some reviews to see noise as lerformamce among them is within a couple percent.

Any, even Gigabyte. The difference of rma rates, nobody knows outsode of their personal anecdotes. Any kf thise brands have a similar chance of failure, really. :)

Sorry, that's not terribly helpful...maybe... lol. Look at some reviews to see noise as lerformamce among them is within a couple percent.
I like the Sapphire Pulse. "Only" two fans but I guess cooling is sufficient enough considering the positive reviews.
Man I didnt think I am buying the card but...I guess I am :D

Sapphire used to have the best Radeons regarding quality and fans. However in the EU everything goes through stores and next support centers. It matters more from which store you buy than which brand. A good store will give you a new card if the RMA takes too long. A bad store will try to lie that they sent it to Taiwan or something (then within the EU law, you can wait twice as long). Shipping to Taiwan (Taiwan because most manufacturers have their HQ there) costs too much, so they never do that with single items.
I guess Sapphire still has removable fans with sockets ... like when it breaks then you contact Sapphire and get a fan replacement without removing the whole cooler or sending the whole card to support.
On the other hand ASRock has pretty good support in the Netherlands. I used to know their support manager, but I'm not sure if he still works there.

So I opted for the Gigabyte version 7800 XT and it's MASSIVE! I hope the cards get smaller because this is ridiculous :D

Anyway...tremendous upgrade from my 5700XT. Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I should have known that I end up with a bigger budget. :D
In the following year, processor might be in order but for now I am set.

Your rig is in great shape for some time IMHO. I would focus on a nice monitor next. All the computing power and eye candy in the world can only go as far as the display it's plugged in to. Or did I misread earlier and you're already on a 1440p/144Hz display?

Your rig is in great shape for some time IMHO. I would focus on a nice monitor next. All the computing power and eye candy in the world can only go as far as the display it's plugged in to. Or did I misread earlier and you're already on a 1440p/144Hz display?
The 1440p or 4K display is in order. I have a FullHD 144hz right now, but definitely want to upgrade now that I have the card.

Back