• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS and Newegg, WTF?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aaron, it appears to me, that you are just trying to appease the complainers here, instead of addressing the issue at hand;

That being UPS's poor performance, and Newegg's decication to them.

If you would address the Newegg/UPS wedding, and see into some kind of divorce, you'd find a WHOLE LOT of your problems going away.

Instead of putting out all these fires, just kill the firestarter!

If you can see through my analogies, you are treating the symptoms, but not even looking at the cancer. Cure the cancer!

I got a $50 Newegg gift cert for Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should gamble on UPS's REAL POOR shipping, here in my area.

steve

Hello Skou,

I realize your position. Please understand if I had the ability to "cure the cancer" the site would have been vaccinated already. However your asking that Newegg remove UPS from our website, simply removing the company would not solve all shipping problems. We are using UPS as our default shipper because they offered us lower shipping rates. If we removed them from our site and made FedEx our default shipper the FedEx prices would not go down because these are the lowest prices we could get from FedEx through negotiation.

Since we are using metaphors, if we were to extract (what you see as a) cancer all that would remain would be a dent, not only where the tumor once was but also in your pocket :). Please do not think that my "fire extinguishing" is empty, every complaint and every credit I submit is brought to the attention of my supervisors who then take it the department manager who speaks on your behalf to the corporate leaders.

Hopefully this information is helpful.

Thank you,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

skou said:
Aaron, it appears to me, that you are just trying to appease the complainers here, instead of addressing the issue at hand;

That being UPS's poor performance, and Newegg's decication to them.

If you would address the Newegg/UPS wedding, and see into some kind of divorce, you'd find a WHOLE LOT of your problems going away.

Instead of putting out all these fires, just kill the firestarter!

If you can see through my analogies, you are treating the symptoms, but not even looking at the cancer. Cure the cancer!

I got a $50 Newegg gift cert for Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should gamble on UPS's REAL POOR shipping, here in my area.

steve

Aarron I dont see how you can say this. FedEx prices used to be cheaper before Newegg made an aggreement for UPS as the main shipper.

Newegg Support said:
Hello Skou,

I realize your position. Please understand if I had the ability to "cure the cancer" the site would have been vaccinated already. However your asking that Newegg remove UPS from our website, simply removing the company would not solve all shipping problems. We are using UPS as our default shipper because they offered us lower shipping rates. If we removed them from our site and made FedEx our default shipper the FedEx prices would not go down because these are the lowest prices we could get from FedEx through negotiation.

Since we are using metaphors, if we were to extract (what you see as a) cancer all that would remain would be a dent, not only where the tumor once was but also in your pocket :). Please do not think that my "fire extinguishing" is empty, every complaint and every credit I submit is brought to the attention of my supervisors who then take it the department manager who speaks on your behalf to the corporate leaders.

Thank you,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Nathan, someone from Newegg needs to move out here, just to see the HORRID service UPS provides us in the Valley.

One package shipped with UPS, and they'll be swearing at UPS, too.

Aaron, it REALLY IS that bad!!

Truthfully!

steve

Hello Nathan0490,

FedEx prices did not rise because we switched to UPS. We switched to UPS because FedEx raised shipping prices with our company. In attempt to offer lower rates we brought in a second shipping company (UPS) that offered lower prices as another option for our consumers.

Sincerely,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Nathan0490 said:
Aarron I dont see how you can say this. FedEx prices used to be cheaper before Newegg made an aggreement for UPS as the main shipper.

Newegg Support said:
Hello Nathan0490,

FedEx prices did not rise because we switched to UPS. We switched to UPS because FedEx raised shipping prices with our company. In attempt to offer lower rates we brought in a second shipping company (UPS) that offered lower prices as another option for our consumers.

Sincerely,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Well there you have it. From the horses mouth so to speak.

FedEx increases their prices.
Newegg tries to be the good guy and gives its customers a cheaper (albiet lower quality), shipping option.
Their site, by default, starts with the cheapest shipping option (again, to save the customers money).
The same services previously offered are still offered, but at a higher rate due to the fact that FedEx processes individual packages slower and less effeciently (and with less damages too) when compared to UPS ground.

Newegg is doing everything they can to be the best here. If somebody reflects UPS's performance on Newegg, that makes about as much sense as saying Goodyear tires suck because your 78 Pinto doesnt ride well at all.

Newegg Support said:
Hello Nathan0490,

Sincerely,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

Well I think Newegg should be trying to get a contract with FedEx so that the prices are low like they used to be. Im sure that FedEx will ask for something in return like to be NewEggs exclusive 1 and only shipping service. But im sure something can be worked between them. As Skou said we get HORRIBLE service from UPS out here. Ive seen good and bad about UPS and FedEx but much more bad about UPS then FedEx.

just got my first order from Newegg with the new UPS carrier. all the boxes were dented. UPS plain sucks. i've ordered over 50 items from the Egg using FedEx before and everything came in perfect condition. Down with UPS!!

jiggamanjb said:
Down with UPS!!

After all the complaints Newegg has recieved about UPS. They should IMMEDIATLY remove them. By Newegg knowing UPS is damaging packages, delivering them late, or providing rude support it makes them look VERY Unprofessional. Im all for good shipping prices, but Newegg can get together with FedEx and talk about cheaper rates after UPS is no longer a Carrier with Newegg.

FedEx has a history of raising rates when a company ships too many packages. They did this to Dell about two years ago because they were unable to move such a large number of packages on a regular basis. FedEx is so much smaller, and unable to handle the volume that UPS can.

Newegg Support said:
Hello Skou,

Thank you,

Aaron Aragonez
Newegg Customer Support

So, Aaron, by the fact that you continue to use UPS, we can conclude that Newegg approves of UPS's P*** POOR performance?

Are you not aware, UPS is YOUR representative? They are the only real person that most of us see, that is an employee of Newegg? (If you are using them to ship with, you ARE paying their wages!)

Do you REALLY want that kind of public image? (I think I'd rather slam my *****{finger} in a car door, than get that kind of public image!)

You can pick a better shipper, but I defy you to find a worse one! Prove me wrong!

steve

Yeah I too am think UPS suxor because they left items in front of my door too. But think about it. There is a saying that you get what you paid for, and I don't blame newegg for offering UPS because if Fedex is the only courier people would whine about that too....here is something u should do next time if u order from Newegg, change the courier.

What about DHL? And guys... come on, stop complaining to newegg that ups sucks. Fedex is still an option. I think it's very possible that fedex raised their rates with newegg because they were shipping so much stuff but who knows. I wish newegg shipping was like zipzoomfly though thats for sure. I've switched to ZZZ now but since ZZZ doesn't carry OCZ products I had to order from newegg and guess what. UPS had a "train delay" with my package. Now it's sitting in a building less then an hour away from my house and it's going to take 2 days to get from there to here. Lame.

Fighter2a said:
What about DHL? And guys... come on, stop complaining to newegg that ups sucks. Fedex is still an option. I think it's very possible that fedex raised their rates with newegg because they were shipping so much stuff but who knows. I wish newegg shipping was like zipzoomfly though thats for sure. I've switched to ZZZ now but since ZZZ doesn't carry OCZ products I had to order from newegg and guess what. UPS had a "train delay" with my package. Now it's sitting in a building less then an hour away from my house and it's going to take 2 days to get from there to here. Lame.

Oh and here we go again. :rolleyes: For some of us newegg customers, and I am one of them, certain items cannot be shipped via FEDEX. Trust me, I have tried. Newegg even let me place an order with fedex shipping then contacted me the next day to let me know that they had to ship it via UPS. On certain other items I could not even choose FEDEX as an option. So FEDEX is NOT always an option for some newegg customers such as myself. But anyways, by Newegg doing this they have lost over $1000 of my business to ZZF so far.

Dear Nathan0490,

It is quite mind-boggling that you assume Newegg has not performed the best negotiations possible to get FedEx to lower their rates. We understand the complaints, we know the un-satisfaction and we have performed our best to lower FedEx rates. I feel you think we decided to raise FedEx rates and just forget about it. We have not!!

Also, although I know FedEx is a bit more expensive now, they are still an option for those who dislike UPS!

Please understand we have made every attempt to keep FedEx's shipping rates low, if Newegg were in the shipping business this would not be a problem. If there was some sort of Magic Newegg Wand we could wave to lower FedEx prices, please rest assured Nathan0490 we would.

Nathan0490 said:
After all the complaints Newegg has recieved about UPS. They should IMMEDIATLY remove them. By Newegg knowing UPS is damaging packages, delivering them late, or providing rude support it makes them look VERY Unprofessional. Im all for good shipping prices, but Newegg can get together with FedEx and talk about cheaper rates after UPS is no longer a Carrier with Newegg.

Dear Skou,

We understand that by choosing UPS they say a bit about our company, however our choices are limited. Neither DHL nor USPS would be able to handle the large load of products we ship, not to mention service across the country in every state. As it is FedEx and UPS often cannot offer service to some locations (as mentioned in this thread) and they are the largest shipping companies in the United States!!!!

By any chance do you have a better suggestion!? If so please email me ([email protected]), we are all ears and would love to hear your suggestions.

skou said:
So, Aaron, by the fact that you continue to use UPS, we can conclude that Newegg approves of UPS's P*** POOR performance?

Are you not aware, UPS is YOUR representative? They are the only real person that most of us see, that is an employee of Newegg? (If you are using them to ship with, you ARE paying their wages!)

Do you REALLY want that kind of public image? (I think I'd rather slam my *****{finger} in a car door, than get that kind of public image!)

You can pick a better shipper, but I defy you to find a worse one! Prove me wrong!

steve

Thank You,
Newegg Customer Support

Last edited:
Thread Readers,

I Just wanted to quote David Coleman's post incase any of you read over it. :)

Thanks again,
Newegg Customer Support

David Coleman said:
FedEx has a history of raising rates when a company ships too many packages. They did this to Dell about two years ago because they were unable to move such a large number of packages on a regular basis. FedEx is so much smaller, and unable to handle the volume that UPS can.

Hello Evancold,

:) My apologies, although I did not directly quote you I did mention in my first post of the day that FedEx and UPS, sometimes, cannot ship to certain locations, or the shipping method (such as overnight) cannot be offered because of the location. This would be the only reason why we would not offer that courier as a method of shipment.

If any of the items were damaged in your recent order, please contact me and we will take the appropriate steps to getting them replaced.

Thank You,
Newegg Customer Support

evancold said:
but yet ignore my post :(

Thanks for the reply. They were not damaged however I had a dead stick of ram. Rather than RMA through newegg I just went directly through G. Skill becuase they pay for shipping both ways when the egg would not. So no bigge

Is DHL an option? I've gotten a few things from Germany from DHL and it gets here faster then ups can get here from California.

Back