• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS ROCKS!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, people already replied with the reasons.. simple Tranportation and logistics man. ;)

Also, I believe there is a warehouse in TN.
sure is..memphis...i gotta pay tax when i order from the egg..but as long as i order before 5pm eastern, i get it the next morning at around 11....

LIFE IS GOOD!

Well i dont particularly like UPS at this time.I was supposed to get a package today and i did not .Feb 5th it was here in New York , the same day it left and the last tracking update says it is in Baltimore ( kinda counter productive), it also says it is on time to be delivered today...

Massive snow storm likely had a role in that...

I know people generally have issues with UPS, but I have a good friend who was a driver, and now works in corporate, and I for some reason always enjoyed hearing about logistics. What they are able to pull off everyday is amazing. And as far as drivers, give them a break. You don't know at what stage your box got damaged, it could have happened before it even got into UPS' hands. But understand that the rules drivers must follow are incredibly stringent. They don't have a job if they damage things. UPS makes their lives miserable. They have rules for how many steps it should take to unload something...

I dont know what the snow storm has anything to do with it when the package arrived here in NY , then left to Baltimore lol , they just updated and the package sat there for 3 days and now on its way back to NY ?!.... weee!

Last edited:
I do not like UPS when I am on the receiving end. 9 out of 10 times the package arrives damaged. A computer case with smadhed plastic bezel (had to RMA), got a hard drive about 8 years ago via UPS new and it arrived with one corner about 1/4 inches lower than the rest :eek: RMA'ed again. Got a new $200 printer last year, the glass on the scanner bed was smashed in but the box doesn't show any sign of crushing other than a dented corner. RMA'ed again.

After all those I figure UPS owes me about $100 I had to pay for RMA. When I order, I try to choose anything but UPS for shipping.

USPS OTOH I love them. In the past several years I've had only 3 major issues. One: box arrived looking like it was sat on by an elephant. Only had cable inside so nothing damaged inside. 1 package I sent to Bowling Green, OH took 15 days. That is a 400 miles trip for priority mail that normally delivers in 2-3 days.

And last one: my book arrived rather late with a letter of apology from post office, seems they had an accident with the shipping box. UPS has NEVER sent any apology for damaged box!

I deal with UPS on a daily basis because that is who our distributors chose, but on average I would say that 25-30% of what we ship arrives damaged (and UPS picks up the cargo from the w.h.), and in order to keep our customers happy, we send them a new unit and hope it doesn't get handled by the same people all the while we wait for our account to get the refund for the damaged unit we still have another ding to the account for the fresh unit going out...and if the customer just wants his/her $ back, then there is the expense of re-running the credit card to return the money.....so in the long run, not only does UPS blow, they cost us hundreds of dollars a year in lost revenue, reputation, and productivity, etc.

If ever there was a candidate for "undercover boss", it would be UPS...I think they could do a whole season on just them.

98% of the things i get from UPS look like they have been ran over a few times. nice to see a good exp from them. i miss the days when the Egg used FedEx for their free shipping. Saturday deliveries FTW!!!

Ditto that. I have stories of UPS deliveries that make people cry. I was very say way back when newegg changed from fedex. I guess UPS can't be bad all the time.

They haven't expanded it enough. It still baffles me why they don't have the same exact items at both warehouses at both coasts. This would make shipping so much cheaper and easier. People on the east coast get shipped from new jersey, People on the west coast get shipped from california. People in the midwest just get ****ed. :bday:

actually, they have a warehouse in Tennessee. I get most of my shipments from NJ (I live in OH), and some from TN as well CA.

i wish all the stuff i order from the egg would all come from the tn warehouse would make shipping a little faster for me :(

Even people i know who work for ups say do not use them.I guess the workers like to have contests on who can throw the boxes farther in the trucks.

Back